• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Kitchen slide-out heavy chattering

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The biggest thing I had to remember when putting in or out our shwintech slide on our last coach was the five second continue to hold after it was completely in or out.

Never had an issue with ours either and it was a 2014.

on our schwintech slides, dealer told us to never stop once you start deploying/retracting as this can get them out of sync, sounds like that might be the problem

I contacted Lippert and they sent me videos on how to sync the motors electrically and manually. I was able to get it pretty much back to normal by taking both motors out and pushing the slide back in by hand, although it still didn't line up perfectly, still a little groaning, but it's much better.

I don't know if you have fixed it yet. My guess is the roller bearing is shot. The track in the photo is now worn out and even if you replace the roller it will more than likely skip when it gets to the worn area. I just replace both tracks and rollers on one end of my slide. It was not a difficult job. My coach is Thor built the outside is riveted in I positioned the slide about 2/3 the way out and held the slide in position with a jack while I took all the screws out on the inside once the motor is removed the rack can manually be moved to the outside. Once clear of the body of the coach the bracket that holds the slide bearings can be taken off by just pulling it away exposing the slide bearings and shaft. You then will remove the screws on the tracks and remove as a unit. I slide the shaft up to release the lower track so I am only working on one at a time. When I put it back together with new tracks and rollers I install the upper bearing on the track with the gear and shaft attached. I then mount the lower bearing move it on the track once it is on the slide into the correct alignment with the upper track and insert the shaft. Then reverse the procedure going back together putting the rack back into the coach body. I replace the rivets with screws. I use only stainless steel hardware when I put it back together. Once all of the fasteners are in I hooked up the motor.

I don't know if you have fixed it yet. My guess is the roller bearing is shot. The track in the photo is now worn out and even if you replace the roller it will more than likely skip when it gets to the worn area. I just replace both tracks and rollers on one end of my slide. It was not a difficult job. My coach is Thor built the outside is riveted in I positioned the slide about 2/3 the way out and held the slide in position with a jack while I took all the screws out on the inside once the motor is removed the rack can manually be moved to the outside. Once clear of the body of the coach the bracket that holds the slide bearings can be taken off by just pulling it away exposing the slide bearings and shaft. You then will remove the screws on the tracks and remove as a unit. I slide the shaft up to release the lower track so I am only working on one at a time. When I put it back together with new tracks and rollers I install the upper bearing on the track with the gear and shaft attached. I then mount the lower bearing move it on the track once it is on the slide into the correct alignment with the upper track and insert the shaft. Then reverse the procedure going back together putting the rack back into the coach body. I replace the rivets with screws. I use only stainless steel hardware when I put it back together. Once all of the fasteners are in I hooked up the motor.
I completely forgot I had purchased a full 5-year extended warranty on the whole RV. It is now at the dealer getting repaired while we stay indoors at home due to this stifling heat wave!
Thanks for the post though, I iwll print it and keep it handy if anything happens again. Also, I think I read somewhere that Lippert has discontinued the 2-rail system and gone to a 3-rail due to the weight of the slide-outs.

Latest resources

Back