Kitchen water pressure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
How are the other faucets?

You can get under the sink and disconnect, check things, etc. It's a very basic household fixture you could even replace if you wanted.

Need to check the inside diameter of residential kitchen faucets. The orifice in the sprayer/faucet hose is very small (narrower than a pencil).

Not yet. My guess, so far, is that the drop to 20 psi at the campgrounds, when the faucet is opened might be part of the issue. The onboard pump may maintain the 60 psi with the faucet open. The kitchen faucet seems to be the furthest from the water inlet, so there may be a further drop in pressure. Just a guess. I will have to watch this. I made Newmar aware of it and the suggested perhaps a problem with the inlet check valve. If I do not find an answer, I will have it checked at the Service Center next year.

Pretty strange. We actually always use the water pump. We’re away from the coach today but when I get back I’ll flip to city water and see if I get a similar experience. If so, I’ll take it up with Newmar when I’m there at the end of the month and see what they say.

Interesting. I only use the pump when on the road. I figured why wear it out faster when city water was available. Now, though I run through a tank or more during the summer just to keep the water in the tank fresh and to keep the gaskets in the pump from drying out. In the previous coach I found that prolonged lack of use of the pump caused it to leak at the bottom. Leaking stopped when I started using it periodically.

I always filter and fill the fresh tank and live off it until I need to fill it again. I know what I have when I do this. I travel with a full tank too.

Glad to see this thread. We just purchased a new Baystar. We're having the exact same problem. Weak water pressure at the kitchen faucet. The aerator
was junked up, I cleaned that. I even purchased a new sprayer, which helped a bit. Using the onboard water pump helps too. So, I am thinking the faucet
cartridge might be clogged with debris so I'm thinking of disconnecting the lines to the faucet and blowing it out with some air. If anyone has solved this
I would love to hear how. Tried to get the dealership to look at it but "they are too busy." Not happy about that. We do like the motorhome, very nice.

Not solved yet. It is on my punch list for Newmar. If I get there before you, I will let you know.m I am not going to mess with it while it is under warranty. Snowed in right now - 22 deg F. That is the high.:cool:

Not solved yet. It is on my punch list for Newmar. If I get there before you, I will let you know.m I am not going to mess with it while it is under warranty. Snowed in right now - 22 deg F. That is the high.:cool:
Good idea. I may stop at their plant in Indiana sometime. I'll keep you posted too. Thanks. Wow...22 is cold. Stay warm!!

Latest resources

Back