• Commercial/Vendors welcome

KOA and electric tow vehicle charging.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
:). Thanks. I’m not up on all that although from what I hear the US program is for L3 DC fast chargers. These are cheapie L2 chargers. I doubt the US govt would fund something like these L2 machines in a private campground.

Cheers.
It would seem rather foolish for such an investment to be made on L2 machines in a private campground. That's one of the reasons that right now it's actually a greater probability.

That’s not the problem. They do that. The problem is simulating someone in the seat while it’s being towed. As soon as your butt leaves the seat it goes into park and shuts off. 😊
Throw a couple bags of dogfood on the seat?

Show me an EV that will go 100 miles with a decent size camper hooked to it. Looks like an F150 with 7000lbs behind it is good for about 75 miles.
I assumed they were referring to their EV toads, but maybe not.

He’d get in the back to stretch out and bad things would happen.
Yea, mine, too. Or, should I say three, because they would probably all be stretched out in the back after a few miles.

I assumed they were referring to their EV toads, but maybe not.
Oops, take that back. Seeing the other thread, the EV is the vehicle doing the towing. That said, he's towing a small camper, so they might get more than 100 miles.

Oops, take that back. Seeing the other thread, the EV is the vehicle doing the towing. That said, he's towing a small camper, so they might get more than 100 miles.
That’s probably us. Towing with our EV SUV we kinda plan around a couple hundred kilometers. But max range is probably around 240 kilometres. Just a guess though. Our combo works good for us but I’m sure is not everyone’s cup of tea. We towed over 15200 kilometres last year. All over Canada and extensively in BC. Great camping summer. 👍.

Some EV RVers are pulling smaller lower profile trailers like ours 300 kilometres at a shot. Lightnings can do that. Range is heavily determined by profile and speed. Not so much the weight.

Medium and larger trailers are better suited to gas or diesel vehicles with todays tech. That will probably change in 2024 with new products and new tech. Time will tell.

Small works for us. 😊

550FE65A-19C3-4220-B77D-A856FFAA7C98.jpeg

Yes, I saw your other thread with the beautiful view while charging.

Latest resources

Back