Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GaryWWilson

RVF Regular
I have a 1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial 5th Wheel. The electric jack makes a clicking noise. It will not raise all the way up. I have used the manual crank at times. It now gets stuck using the crank handle up or down. Any help on getting the gearbox/motor out to inspect the gears would be helpful. Thanks

On my 2008 Wildwood, there was a roll pin that went through a sleeve that was the jack shaft from the motor.
It was a PITA to replace.

Yep....sounds like symptoms of what Dan described. The PITA is going to be getting jack stands or cribbing under the front for support,, while you dismount that leg for a fix. Once it's out, it's not too hard to take off the motor and look at the way its connected to the internal screw.

Roger

Yep....sounds like symptoms of what Dan described. The PITA is going to be getting jack stands or cribbing under the front for support,, while you dismount that leg for a fix. Once it's out, it's not too hard to take off the motor and look at the way its connected to the internal screw.

Roger
I lined up the shaft with the motor and put a new pin in without taking anything apart or out.
It was a tight fit in that storage bay, though…

More power to ya, Dan. I just like to be able to reduce any restrictions aroound what I have to fix. I scored a pair of power legs for my 5er, and I think I'll just park the truck under the nose to support it while I swap them out.

Roger

Latest resources

Back