Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
400hp
TOW/TOAD
2007 CR-V
Fulltimer
No
Hi all. In the last rain, I noticed water running down the inside of the emergency window in the bedroom. Luckily, it ran into the track and then back out…. I suspect it is the gasket, but was wondering if anyone has seen this before and what you did to seal it. I have not yet looked closely at it…

Thanks
Rich

So I spent a little time today looking at this and found that when I opened the emergency window, it was only hinged on a small lip that let go as soon as I lifted it more than about 6-8 inches out. Had I not (somewhat) anticipated this, the window would have fallen to the ground and smashed. Luckily, I was outside on a ladder with hands on both sides of it. Did anyone else know that this would work this way? Or is there something wrong here?

The other concern is that the lip does not completely grab along the whole length, and although it is pretty tight when latched, it does not inspire confidence.

I will be calling Newmar tomorrow to get more info.

I had water running down the inside of the dinette emergency window. Had to replace entire window. Not sure how far it opens before detaching. This does make me hesitant to open it.

How easy isit to get it back on?

Thanks for the heads up. On the last coach (not Newmar) I opened it regularly from the inside.

It is pretty easy to get back on...but if you are opening it from the inside and don't expect it to let go, I don't think the odds would be good of holding onto it....

I added a strip of weather stripping along the top of window which should help the leak. For now I just want it to stay on and I am not sure the window is fully seated into the top groove. But I think its been like this since new...

It is pretty easy to get back on...but if you are opening it from the inside and don't expect it to let go, I don't think the odds would be good of holding onto it....

I added a strip of weather stripping along the top of window which should help the leak. For now I just want it to stay on and I am not sure the window is fully seated into the top groove. But I think its been like this since new...
Yes it is by design! How easy it falls may vary from one manufacturer,to another, or window to window! The idea is for it to stay out of the way in case of emergency!!! I use a silicone straw to stop the rattle in My E-window!!! Some of the issues may be the installation.

Ha! What a great design...

So, you are sleeping...smoke detector goes off. You run to the emergency window b/c you cant get to the front. You open the window to make your escape, the window unhinges and falls to the ground, smashing into 1000 pieces. This will make a great landing for your bare feet as you jump out the window feet first...

:)

Ha! What a great design...

So, you are sleeping...smoke detector goes off. You run to the emergency window b/c you cant get to the front. You open the window to make your escape, the window unhinges and falls to the ground, smashing into 1000 pieces. This will make a great landing for your bare feet as you jump out the window feet first...

:)
Didn't say they had a good design! What the heck, my exit window would take a kid to appreciate. But at least they take into account how fast these things go up in flames.

FYI..... If the emergency window is not securely latched at the top and bottom it will leave the coach when you pass or a semi passes. It's happened to a friend an my brother. The window is about 1K from Newmar and there is no guarantee the bottom latching mechanism will match up with the existing attachment points.

FYI..... If the emergency window is not securely latched at the top and bottom it will leave the coach when you pass or a semi passes. It's happened to a friend an my brother. The window is about 1K from Newmar and there is no guarantee the bottom latching mechanism will match up with the existing attachment points.
This is my concern….

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back