• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question LED Flashlights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If I use my 900 lumen Sunwayman for longer than 10-15 minutes, the light-end will burn you.
Yes I forgot about that detail. The flash light gets very hot quickly at high settings as well as quickly using available power.

Okay, I may be able to affect climate change with this one!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKF9ML6/?tag=rvf01-20

flashlight.png

Last edited:
I love flashlights...never can have too many. I carry in my purse/jacket pocket the Fenix PD22. I also have a Surefire E2D LED Defender from learning to shoot firearms in low light conditions. I like walking pups with that one for the light and as a potential bludgeoning weapon (lol), but it is not as bright as my Fenix PD35 TAC which is my go to flashlight if my PD22 is not in my pocket. I really became frustrated with always buying the CR 123A batteries all the time, so I bought the Arlo CR Rechargeable Batteries with Battery Charger. It works great so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVVDQ8G/?tag=rvf01-20
1577116385150.png

And, with the 2000 Lumens model, you can also cook your hot dog (or fingers) in turbo mode. :rolleyes:

TJ

To help Illuminate the subject...oh geez, sorry...couldn't resist...

The problem with "specs", is most companies CHEAT!!! Just as with headlights, LUMENS is only a BRAG-point, if the focus and distribution isn't top-notch.

I've had many discussions/arguments from the "younger cheaper" kids about off-road CHINESE LED lights being "so cheap" off Amazon. They buy their $75 light bar and laugh at my Baja Designs for a bunch more....until I flip the switch, and continue to do so years later.

So, the TOP brands (like Streamlight, Fenix, etc.) don't play the numbers game as much. They're quality products.

That said....the junkie throw-away C-cells from Costco are pretty stupid bright...LOL. So forget everything I just said.

The Intova light I posted about is only about 450-475 Lumens but the focus is pretty narrow and she's plenty bright.

This company popped up in the ads on this site (RVF supporters can't see the ads) and looks interesting. Some powerful flashlights, pricey, but that's fine. Saw one with 12000 lumens!

Felix offers some interesting high-end flashlights. I don't quite get the quest for mega-lumens, however. A well designed 800-900 lumen flashlight lights things up very well without producing a lot of heat. YMMV

TJ

Latest resources

Back