• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question LED Flashlights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@TJ&LadyDi I'm going to shine it at the sky at 8 PM Mountain time, see if you can see me :)

Wazzat you? I thought we were having a lightning storm! I'm still seeing spots before my eyes. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

I tend to lose flashlights so I’ve started just buying the combo packs of them at Costco. They’re usually pretty good flashlights and if I lose one, I have two more...somewhere

Then there’s this which I don’t have but would really like to see in under my Christmas tree one day. Not because I need it but because it would be ridiculously fun. I do have a Laser Pointer from them. Its legit.

Added another flashlight to my collection, bright and compact. Really liking the FENIX brand, high quality and great lights.

FENIX PD36R - 1600 Lumen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TJ41TMC/?tag=rvf01-20

PD36R.png

I've been pleased with this 1050 lumen Klarus RS20, but an extra 450 lumen wouldn't be bad to have when walking the dogs at night. Out here, every twig snap sounds like a hatchet-wielding ax-murderer slithering through the woods.

The Klarus has a primary LED and a secondary side-mounted diffused LED. The primary LED has 4 brightness settings:
  • High
  • Sorta high
  • Medium
  • Low
And depending on the speed of how you click the on/off button, the primary LED will flash a rapid-strobe or an SOS signal.

The built-in diffused LED has several setting as well, including white, blue, red or green lighting, depending on how you click the control button. I use the diffused LED nightly when I'm out loading the dragon with wood, but I'm not sure what purpose the different colored lights serve though.

1582463886616.png

I'm in love with the Fenix PD36R, I'm buying two more. One for the toad (glove box), one for the S&B (maybe more, hmm, upstairs, downstairs, the stairs...)

I'm in love with the Fenix PD36R, I'm buying two more. One for the toad (glove box), one for the S&B (maybe more, hmm, upstairs, downstairs, the stairs...)
Are you a company shareholder, @Neal? You should, at least, be getting a volume discount. ;)

TJ

The new flashlights are certainly bright; I will give them that. Being old-school with military/law enforcement background, however, I still like the 3-cell MagLite because it can also be used as a defensive tool. The bright-but-small lights won't make much of an impression on the bad guy if things turn ugly!

Oh, and MagLites are still made-in-America. That's another plus for me; I like supporting American business.

Just an old guy's perspective.

TJ

This company popped up in the ads on this site (RVF supporters can't see the ads) and looks interesting. Some powerful flashlights, pricey, but that's fine. Saw one with 12000 lumens!

I recently brought Fenix TK35 LED flashlight and It's perform bright than my old one!

I got full reviews from Best Flashlight Reviews and I just thankful for it!

Unbelievable part of I got in under $100 with covered mostly features like lifetime warranty, waterproof and different 7 modes !

Latest resources

Back