Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, a thread ONLY for cooking with your griddle. As you know I have two Blackstone griddles, I have the 22 inch dual burner for the RV which I love love love and I have the 36 inch four burner at the house. If you cook something or like to cook something, share what you cooked, how it turned out, any pics you want to share, etc.

I'll kick this Griddle cooking thread off with EGGS. I stumbled upon this YouTube video today because Google knows I have problems with cooking as I love things being too hot. My eggs have the issues this guy talks about (browning) so tomorrow morning I will do my homework and try eggs at a lower temp and use my IR thermal gun to see what temp I'm cooking at and try this out. @CoreyinWP you too are in remedial griddling so give this a try.

You need to expand your horizons, @Neal. Instead of just "cooking eggs," branch out and try something like "TJ's Scrambolios!" Fixed them yesterday morning and they were "deeelicious!"

TJ's Scrambolios

6 eggs
6 slices of thick-cut bacon
4 oz (about 1/4 cup) Hatch green chiles
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (sharp or medium)
1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
3 Tbsp Half & Half
Salt & Pepper to taste

Dice the bacon (I split the slices lengthwise and then cut across to dice). Put diced bacon on a cool griddle and increase heat to medium. Cook bacon until it is browned. Reduce heat to low when nearly cooked.

While the bacon is cooking, combine in a small bowl the eggs, Half & Half, chives, salt and pepper. Whisk until fully incorporated, then add chiles and whisk briefly to fully combine.

Spread the cooked bacon into a circle on the griddle and slowly pour the egg mixture on top. Raise griddle heat to medium. Use a spatula to pull the mixture onto itself as it cooks. Begin sprinkling the grated cheese on top and keep incorporating with the spatula. Reserve a small amount of cheese to top the finished scramble.

When scrambled to the preferred hardness, divide and move to warm plates. Top with the remaining cheese (and, a few chives if you like). Serves two...generously!

A bit of Tabasco® "Chipotle" or your favorite hot sauce sprinkled on top is highly recommended.

TJ

Sounds delicious. I have to step up my game beyond two ingredients.

You need to expand your horizons, @NealA bit of Tabasco® "Chipotle" or your favorite hot sauce sprinkled on top is highly recommended.

TJ
And that my friends, is how you separate the men from the boys. (y)

Ehh, this morning was good but still in remedial training. Lower temp was much better but even with my griddle at 325 in the middle with inside burners off it wasn't enough heat, cooked too slow. I was doing bacon on the left side so I ended up moving the eggs there for a little while and things were good.

Looking forward to trying TJ's Scrambolios (sounds very California), but adding GlampDaddy Migas to the list.

Migas

Ingredients

1 lb thick-sliced bacon
1 dz eggs (real eggs, from a chicken)
9 corn tortillas
½ sweet white onion
Bell peppers - I like those little colored ones, use 4 or 5
2 jalepeno peppers
TexMex cheese (however much you like)

Preps (easier to do with a Mimosa or Bloody Mary)

Chop bacon to 1” squares
Cut tortillas to 1” squares
Chop onion
Field dress and chop peppers

Cook

Heat griddle to medium
Cook bacon until some of the edges are beginning to crisp (do not overcook!) Drain about ½ grease
Add tortilla squares, mix with the bacon. Cook until some of the tortilla edges begin to crisp, but just barely
Add onion and peppers, cook until the onions have that nicely-sauteed look
Decrease heat to low
Add eggs and mix it all up real good.

Serve

Put it all in a big bowl and take it to a table with six hungry humans (Labs get a belly-ache, or worse)
Each human can add their own cheese and salsa. City-folk may want to add some sour cream.

For smaller groups than six, go ahead and make the whole recipe...makes great leftovers

This morning best success to date on the Blackstone 36". I think the trend for me is heat too high and overcooking. Today with left two burners on lowest and right two on highest worked well. Bacon on right, then eggs on left, no browning on the eggs, they remained white. Twuz'delicious!

Tonight, kabobs on smoker! Normally I use the Weber gas grill but I'm going to try the kabobs on my fav - the Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone

Latest resources

Back