Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Klbhammond

RVF Regular
Went camping with living quarter horse trailer and parked set up had it leveled where bubble was dead in center. Ram for a day and noticed water dripping in. Rained later that night and more water.. checked drip pan and seal all looked good but added silicon to seal or gasket . Curious if I should have had the bubble a tick high in the front meaning the nose of the trailer taker a bit to give it a slope to run off

That sounds like the gasket is leaking since it dripped with a rain, but the drains (two of them) could be clogged. They are located under the coil that gets cold (on each side). Make sure they are not plugged. Once you get tha done check the mouning bolts. There are four of them (one each corner) that you access from the inside. Looking up toward the roof there should be a metal tab that is sticking down close to the bolt. See if they are a little ways from the roof. They should be tight to the roof. You may want to use a 5/16" socket to tighten them SLIGHTLY and then spray the A/C with a hose to see if it still leaks. BTW, just a twist of the wrist is the way to tighten the mounting bolts.

Will give that a try going to check bolts tomorrow, would the ac level or slightly forward toward the tongue cause the water to puddle up? I seen the leak then ran outside and raised the nose a 1/2 inch and it got better and stopped

You do not need to be dead nuts level. As long as you ase level enough for the fridge to work you should be fine. Which ever side is lowest is the side the A/C will drain from.

I think I might have had it tiled a little to far forward or nose down causing it to not drain correctly. I am going to fire it up and check it one more time and see Thank you

Should not leak when level. Something is a miss. Sure it will be better with it being nose down or up but not fixed.

I agree. I will a little more looking on the A/C. Considering next year replacing the whole ac being it is 10 years old

As Gronk said, I would check the drains. A/C drains get clogged from algae and moss. Pretty common issue on car sun roof leaks also.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back