RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
Up until I told someone how I was checking for level, I thought is was cool, but he thought it was REALLY cool.
I have Equalizer jacks. I’ve never been too fond with autolevel. It just keeps going up and up and up. So, after using numerous types of levels including bullseye bubble, linear bubble and digital, I’ve come up with this process

1. Once the slides are out, I dump the air by hitting auto level and immediately hit retract to cancel.
2. Once the air is bled, I get all pads to touchdown. Rear, then front then left or right then the other. I listen for a pump effort change.
3. I’ve trained my able assistant (wife) to lay a Corian sink cover on the floor. She then places a 1” hardened steel ball from a ball bearing in the center of the Corian.
4. Following the first law of hillbilly physics, “poo runs downhill”, whichever way the ball runs I raise that point and continue until the ball does not move.

It has taken me much longer to describe it than to do it. Just another sliver of a tip for you to consider.

Latest resources

Back