Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL9 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2023 Silverado
Fulltimer
No
Looking for someone experienced with the logistics for entry to the Liberty Harbor RV park in Jersey City. I hav a 45' class A with a tow. RV Trip Wizard wants to route me on what appears to be a less than direct path once I exit I-78. Planning to exit I-78 at 14B and take Phillip St. / Jersey Ave. North. From there RV Trip Wizard wants to take me down Columbus past Marim to Washington then bring me back up Grand to Marim. Would appreciate input from anyone who has been to Liberty Harbor regarding the route taken to the park once off the expressway.

Never been there but looking at it I’d most likely take the Columbus Dr. exit from 78 (takes you down Center to Columbus), and Columbus to Marin. You have to make a couple right turns no matter what route you take and those two look the least sharp. I never use any apps - just my Garmin 890 and verify with Google earth and Street View as necessary.

Marin is narrow going south and it looks like some low power lines on Streets, but its the only way in so it must be ok. I don’t like any downtown city driving but this looks ok and I’ve done worse. Did you call the park and ask them? They usually know the best route in. I agree the RV trip wizard route looks like a poor choice.

Center to Columbus
IMG_2439.png
Columbus to Marin
IMG_2440.png

Attachments

• IMG_2441.png
    IMG_2441.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 1
Looking for someone experienced with the logistics for entry to the Liberty Harbor RV park in Jersey City. I hav a 45' class A with a tow. RV Trip Wizard wants to route me on what appears to be a less than direct path once I exit I-78. Planning to exit I-78 at 14B and take Phillip St. / Jersey Ave. North. From there RV Trip Wizard wants to take me down Columbus past Marim to Washington then bring me back up Grand to Marim. Would appreciate input from anyone who has been to Liberty Harbor regarding the route taken to the park once off the expressway.
Been there! Done that. Won't do it again (that is using the wrong directions!) but will go back using the directions listed on their web site. Super easy and big rig friendly! The park is just that. A parking lot that is tight (but again. Big rig friendly). A great location for visiting local attractions. You can see Lady Liberty from the park. A short walk to the subway that will take you anywhere in Manhattan. Plus, the lady in the office (Melanie) is the best tour guide around. She can tell you off the top of her head which trains, where to get off etc. Super safe place too. 24 hour live security. I included a picture of my neighbors toad...an Auburn. Actually he trailers it. :)

Safe travels

Darrell
02 01 October 19 2022 Liberty Harbour RV Park.JPG
02 03 October 19 2022 Liberty Harbour RV Park.JPG
02 04 October 19 2022 Liberty Harbour RV Park.JPG
03 01 October 19 2022 Liberty Harbour RV Park Neighbor's 1929 Auburn.JPG

Been there! Done that. Won't do it again (that is using the wrong directions!) but will go back using the directions listed on their web site. Super easy and big rig friendly! The park is just that. A parking lot that is tight (but again. Big rig friendly). A great location for visiting local attractions. You can see Lady Liberty from the park. A short walk to the subway that will take you anywhere in Manhattan. Plus, the lady in the office (Melanie) is the best tour guide around. She can tell you off the top of her head which trains, where to get off etc. Super safe place too. 24 hour live security. I included a picture of my neighbors toad...an Auburn. Actually he trailers it. :)

Safe travels

DarrellView attachment 20628View attachment 20629View attachment 20630View attachment 20631
Thanks for the response. Unless I missed something the Liberty Harbor RV parking web site just provides a link to Google maps and says follow that for directions.

Never been there but looking at it I’d most likely take the Columbus Dr. exit from 78 (takes you down Center to Columbus), and Columbus to Marin. You have to make a couple right turns no matter what route you take and those two look the least sharp. I never use any apps - just my Garmin 890 and verify with Google earth and Street View as necessary.

Marin is narrow going south and it looks like some low power lines on Streets, but its the only way in so it must be ok. I don’t like any downtown city driving but this looks ok and I’ve done worse. Did you call the park and ask them? They usually know the best route in. I agree the RV trip wizard route looks like a poor choice.

Center to Columbus
View attachment 20625
Columbus to Marin
View attachment 20626good path
Rich Thanks for the reply and the research. Also seems to me Columbus to Marin is a good plan.

Thanks for the response. Unless I missed something the Liberty Harbor RV parking web site just provides a link to Google maps and says follow that for directions.
Nope. Detailed info depending on where you are coming from. Directions - Liberty Harbor RV Park You need to scroll down from the Google Map insert. I struggled getting there. Garmin sent me down some very narrow and congested streets. I left reversing Liberty's directions and "WOW" so easy and quick.

Darrell

Nope. Detailed info depending on where you are coming from. Directions - Liberty Harbor RV Park You need to scroll down from the Google Map insert. I struggled getting there. Garmin sent me down some very narrow and congested streets. I left reversing Liberty's directions and "WOW" so easy and quick.

Darrell
Thanks for the follow up. Not sure how I missed the detailed directions but glad to have them, that's the path I'll take. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Darrell
Hmmm - sounds familiar….

“… follow sign for Christopher Columbus Drive. This exit ramp is from the right lane. Follow Columbus Drive (Christopher Columbus Drive) until you reach Marin Blvd. Make a right onto Marin Blvd and proceed south until you reach Liberty Harbor RV Park.”

Latest resources

Back