Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I am looking at the SOK 280 Ah batteries for the Dutch Star. I watching the you tube videos out there, they talk about Lithium chargers. would I have to get a different inverter/charger? I haven't verified but I would think I have the unit that came on the coach

That would have to be answered by looking in your build sheet or owners manual or calling Newmar with the vin to verify what you have. Or by finding it an looking at the ratings on it.

I am looking at the SOK 280 Ah batteries for the Dutch Star. I watching the you tube videos out there, they talk about Lithium chargers. would I have to get a different inverter/charger? I haven't verified but I would think I have the unit that came on the coach
No, I don't believe you need to change your inverter/charger, you'll just need to change the settings for LiFePO4's. You should also change the BiM behind the cord reel to a Li-BiM.

Thanks Neal. I am pretty sure I have the factory inverter/charger. Xantrex, maybe. Gonna go check today.

Small update. My DS is a 2019. The ME-RC(the controller above the drivers seat} is a version 2.8. It does have a CC/CV and custom setting. What I am seeing through research is that it will work. Version 2.9 has those two settings as well as a LFP setting. The ME-RC-L and the ARC-L are compatible with the MS2812-L. The newer stuff appears to be geared more directly to the LFP batteries. I think everyone sees that that that is the direction the industry is headed.

Latest resources

Back