Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MattFoley

RVF Newbee
I just bought a 2019 Zion with lithium batteries. How do you check the charge level of the batteries? I've been reading about adding volt meters, etc which is a little confusing. Also, to charge from the solar panels I just need to turn on the batteries, right? Thanks in advance!

The battery manufacturer will state what the recharge voltage should be from the charger and what the finish voltage should be at the battery terminals. For my Hailong Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, it should be recharged at 14.4 volts and should be at full capacity once the battery reaches 13.8 volts. This is done using a solar charger especially for LiFePO4 batteries.

And I don't have LiFePO4 batteries in my trailer because they are said to be unsafe to recharge below about 35 degrees F.

Rick

The battery manufacturer will state what the recharge voltage should be from the charger and what the finish voltage should be at the battery terminals. For my Hailong Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, it should be recharged at 14.4 volts and should be at full capacity once the battery reaches 13.8 volts. This is done using a solar charger especially for LiFePO4 batteries.

And I don't have LiFePO4 batteries in my trailer because they are said to be unsafe to recharge below about 35 degrees F.

Rick

Thanks for the reply Rick. I'm sure this will make more sense after a couple of trips. Not sure why they don't have gauges like EVs have showing percent remaining.

Latest resources

Back