Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LawrenceSolomon

RVF Regular
We would like to do some camping where there are no electrical hookups. The vehicle is a 2021 Roadtrek Zion Slumber. It has 400 Lithium modules,
How long will these batteries last with "normal" use? If they become completely discharged, will the engine recharge them if I start it up?

Thank you.

Hi. I don't like, how VoltStart work on my 2021 Zion, so I rarely use it. I'm using 400 lithium batteries for AC to the level, when AC stops, then start engine to recharge. It always starts. But for AC use 400 lithium batteries will last for just few hours.
Have fun!

Ideally, your engine start battery will be completely isolated from the RV trailer electrical system. At least it should be and there are ways it can be.

Switching to all LED lamps for lighting helps. Adding solar panels helps to add power by sunny daylight and preserving RV battery capacity for night time usage.

My small travel trailer can run propane heat at night and keep the refrigerator running plus some LED lighting all on my one large lead-acid battery. Air conditioning? Forget it.

Please define "normal use" in your situation.

Rick

We would like to do some camping where there are no electrical hookups. The vehicle is a 2021 Roadtrek Zion Slumber. It has 400 Lithium modules,
How long will these batteries last with "normal" use? If they become completely discharged, will the engine recharge them if I start it up?

Thank you.
Hi, Lawrence. Did you get an answer to your question? I just bought a 2022 Zion and I have the same question, but can't seem to find anyone who knows the answer.

If the Lithium Ion battery has an internal BMS, battery management system, deep discharging it should not be much of a problem. The BMS should shut off teh battery with some cushion.

However, these batteries do not like to remain discharged for long periods. The BMS will not save a dormant battery. These batteries do self discharge over time.

Regarding engine alternator charging, you will have to check your documents as each installation is unique.

Latest resources

Back