Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Picked up a load of bad water, brown color. Drained and flushed tanks and appliances. 12 hours of chlorine solution.
Water a pain.

All better now!

IMG_1424.jpeg

Change house filter. Maybe use a prefilter (blue) at spigot. Did you run spigot to flush it first. I always do that. May be your first indicator of bad if it doesn’t clear.

Yeah, pre flush to check and our three external plus whole house filters take care of that. Even work at a campground we frequent that has a well and some sulphur at times.

We use a carbon pre filter and a carbon block house filter both changed today. I was surprised how much of the discolored water made it through.
The pre filter was trashed.
Also back washed the water softener and recharged it.
Going back to running a bucket of water prior to hookups.

Picked up a load of bad water, brown color. Drained and flushed tanks and appliances. 12 hours of chlorine solution.
Water a pain.

All better now!

View attachment 23750
Been there, done that a long time ago. Now before we hook up to unknown water source we run the tap for about 30 seconds then we fill a glass and set it aside for a minute or so. If it is clear, we then do the "sniff test and a taste test". If it passes, we fill our tank {always through a filter}. We seldom stay connected to city water. Our tanks seem keep our fresh water cooler when in warmer climates then what is in the underground lines.

Darrell

It really doesn’t take long for a 200ppm or higher chlorine solution to sanitize a system. First the system must be clean as you can’t sanitize a dirty surface. Once the system is clean, two minutes of running a 200ppm sodium hypochlorite will sanitize the system. Longer than that will not get it more sanitized. Also, higher dilution rates make no difference, just make it harder to rinse.

Good info here. I’ll remember to test before hookup. Thanks..

I'm a firm believer that you can't have too much filtering. I have 3 filters before the connection to the coach. Another thing I do is do a TDS test on the water. That means I've run the water a bit and then got a cup full to do the TDS. I've been to places that have a lower TDS reading than my own house on city water and then, like in Indiana, the home of rusty water, you have to really be ready to filter and fill your tank and then flush the filters out for the next CG. It's easy to get complacent, you have to have a routine.

Latest resources

Back