Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
i’m sure this has been discussed before, but I searched the forum and couldn’t find what I’m looking for. I seem to be unable to find a decent fuel records book for RV owners.
I basically want : date, odometer. fueling stop location (very important), gallons, price per, total, and space for notes (DEF, propane, whatever)
The main problem - none of them provide a column for noting where you bought the fuel. I don’t need a gazillion columns that just need a checkmark. I can make notes in a ‘etc’ column.
If we see an odd charge in our credit card statement, we have to trace back and figure out where that came from - it takes skills sometimes.
What do you all do?

I just log it all in a small blank notebook but an organized purpose designed log book would be nice.

I just log it all in a small blank notebook but an organized purpose designed log book would be nice.
yes that’s what we do, but we log differently and it gets sloppy 😑

yes that’s what we do, but we log differently and it gets sloppy 😑
Mine is atrocious but it works. Also allows me to figure MPG when I feel like it. BTW I get about 300 mpg on DEF - is that about what you get?

I use Fuelly an app. Works well for multiple vehicles. Does all calcs and tracks expenses. Use the free version.

IMG_0898.png

I use a spreadsheet on which I've created all the categories I want to track. The formulas for totals, averages etc are simple and straightforward. I use one sheet per year which feeds a summary page where I can view a comparison of year over year. Best of all, it's free!

Likewise I use a spreadsheet. When I get fuel I write the odometer miles on the back of the receipt and transfer to the spreadsheet next time on it. The receipt tells me where, gallons and price.

I built my own spreadsheet from scratch. It was originally in OpenOffice but it's now in LibreOffice. I first looked at many of the free ones and tried editing a few. Editing taught me how to write my own formulas. I finally ended up building my own. Just so many things I didn't want to track and so many things that I did.

I not only track my fuel, mileage and all the "normal" auto things but I also track meals out, groceries, rental movies, site rent, LP purchases, electric charges, along with a lot of other things.

All the pages in the spreadsheet link to the first page. Since this is just for my own personal information, I use it to cover a wide range of stuff. It's more like a "where did the money go" spreadsheet.

I built my own spreadsheet from scratch. It was originally in OpenOffice but it's now in LibreOffice. I first looked at many of the free ones and tried editing a few. Editing taught me how to write my own formulas. I finally ended up building my own. Just so many things I didn't want to track and so many things that I did.

I not only track my fuel, mileage and all the "normal" auto things but I also track meals out, groceries, rental movies, site rent, LP purchases, electric charges, along with a lot of other things.

All the pages in the spreadsheet link to the first page. Since this is just for my own personal information, I use it to cover a wide range of stuff. It's more like a "where did the money go" spreadsheet.
And you really want to open-source that spreadsheet on the resources right?

Latest resources

Back