Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sparkslord

RVF Newbee
We are new to camping and would like to document all of our adventures. What app would you recommend for this? I started using RV Trip Diary but wish it would show places you have camped on the map and not just the states. Some apps seem way overkill. We dont want to document every second of our lives.

Welcome to RVForums @sparkslord. I'm not aware of any good apps but depending on what platform you use such as Google or iOS they have native apps such as iOS "Notes" that can do a good job.

Welcome aboard!

I asked a similar question a while ago, but didn’t get any responses. Since then I have been using an app called RV Companion. It has a lot of features. I believe you can also give it a try before purchasing. I mostly use it to keep track of campgrounds, dates/costs, and sites stayed. You can load pictures as well. I have not used the “trips” features.
RV Companion website

I just use a MS Excel spreadsheet. I can add or remove any category and make any calculation I'd want. I track daily mileage, fuel use and MPG, DEF use and MPG, toad miles, propane use, generator hours and calculate fuel use in with driving MPG, camping places, cost and special notes. Service and maintenance are also tracked in the spreadsheet. At the end of each day or at any threshold entry point, I simple take a picture of the odometer, get a receipt and input the data later. It works for me.

edit: I've attached a sampler spreadsheet with the categories I track, but I've removed a lot of individual details like addresses, VINs and the latest details. Just giving a sample of what can be done.

Attachments

• Motorhome tracking spreadsheet.xlsx
    219.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I just use a MS Excel spreadsheet. I can add or remove any category and make any calculation I'd want. I track daily mileage, fuel use and MPG, DEF use and MPG, toad miles, propane use, generator hours and calculate fuel use in with driving MPG, camping places, cost and special notes. Service and maintenance are also tracked in the spreadsheet. At the end of each day or at any threshold entry point, I simple take a picture of the odometer, get a receipt and input the data later. It works for me.

edit: I've attached a sampler spreadsheet with the categories I track, but I've removed a lot of individual details like addresses, VINs and the latest details. Just giving a sample of what can be done.
Very nice @RandyB. I've seen this kind of record keeping before. Mostly from/by engineers. . . :)

Very nice @RandyB. I've seen this kind of record keeping before. Mostly from/by engineers. . . :)
That’s what I did, so I resemble that remark. Thank you

Latest resources

Back