Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
What’s the longest time you’ve spent in your RV for non full timers?

For me it was 7 months. Could have kept going. Loved it.

VA to southern TX then AZ, WA, and back to AZ to hold, then back to WA then to VA via northern route with many amazing points in between.

Our longest trip was a little over 2 weeks with a 2000 Gulfstream 5th wheel and a 2000 F350 4 dr dully back in 2001. It was suppose to be for a month, but was cut short due to work. We went from Clermont Fl, Elvis mansion to Walls SD, black hills, Mt. Rushmore, Red Lodge Mt, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Denver, Nashville and back home.

5 months. June - Nov. CA to Nappanee up through Canada to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, then Bar Harbour, Shenandoah NP, Smoky Mountains, Gaffney (service), back to CA. Could have kept going also. Loved it.

We just finished up our first extended excursion and got back to the S&B today. We left right before Halloween, so on the road for 5 months. I also could have kept going but the DW was ready to get back home. We're both working, so we stayed a few different places for 1 to 2 months each. Planning to retire at the end of the year, so when we leave this fall to escape the midwest winters, it will be a blend of monthly stays while working, and then free as a bird in 2025 to hopefully get the most out of this lifestyle for a few months before returning in the spring like the swallows.

Our longest trip was a little over 2 weeks with a 2000 Gulfstream 5th wheel and a 2000 F350 4 dr dully back in 2001. It was suppose to be for a month, but was cut short due to work. We went from Clermont Fl, Elvis mansion to Walls SD, black hills, Mt. Rushmore, Red Lodge Mt, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Denver, Nashville and back home.
Wow! That's a lot of travel for just two weeks but you got to see some amazing places.

Darrell

Wow! That's a lot of travel for just two weeks but you got to see some amazing places.

Darrell
Back in those days (early 40’s) was always in a hurry. I had to drive 7-8 hrs a day min, 70 mph. I hadn’t quite learned to “slow dow and smell the roses”.

Each year for the past three years, only had the Coach for four, We have planned (to us) a long trip in conjunction with attending the Newmar International. These have been for 65 days, 68 days, & 72 days, and did a "Newmar Caravan" with each!
These are wonderful, interesting & exciting trips, and have met some fantastic folks & made friends from all across the USA! I enjoy the caravans, as they have many interesting places to go, other places to see, & great food to eat!
We also have a few 8-10 day trips additional planned. So, home a month or so, then off on another adventure!
LIFE IS GOOD!!:cool:

You win @Neal. Grand prize is a meater. Hope you don’t already have one.

Latest resources

Back