Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Looking for a Motorhome for around 20,000.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Outdoorsguy

RVF Regular
Hi Everyone,
We are new to the motorhome buying thing, and are newbies to this webpage. I am retired and my wife is semi-retired. We want a Class A but are wondering when this market is going to calm down a little. Everybody and their cousin thinks their Mhomes are worth a fortune. I believe we have done enough research to gag a maggot, but we can still learn. We only want to spend 20 grand. It's tough to find something well kept for that price. Any things to look out for that are little tricks of the trade that sellers will do to hide things from you. If you can give us any advice we'd appreciate it. Thanks and have a great day!

Just for the record, about 3.5 years ago I bought my first motor home ever. A 2004, 35' Windsport with 48K on the clock. Got it for 20K. It was in pretty good shape, both structurally and mechanically. Yes, it needed some TLC, which I did over the next few months, but I had a blast with it.

The market has changed a bit lately, and it might be difficult to get that deal today. But keep looking and you'll find the gem you want. Good luck on your search!

Jim

I would be careful of picking up someone else's failed dream. See a lot of folks take on the remodel and then lose interest because the reality if different then the dream, or a squirrel ran by. I'd look for one in as close to original configuration as possible, but with needed repairs kept up.
You will need to be handy, keeping a plus 20 year old rig on the road and fully functional will have challenges. Paid professional help will take that out of the viability range quickly.
How long will this market keep up? We all want to know that, if not from issues around coach values for sure about heavy loads on existing infrastructure.

Welcome and best of luck.

I would be careful of picking up someone else's failed dream. See a lot of folks take on the remodel and then lose interest because the reality if different then the dream, or a squirrel ran by. I'd look for one in as close to original configuration as possible, but with needed repairs kept up.
You will need to be handy, keeping a plus 20 year old rig on the road and fully functional will have challenges. Paid professional help will take that out of the viability range quickly.
How long will this market keep up? We all want to know that, if not from issues around coach values for sure about heavy loads on existing infrastructure.

Welcome and best of luck.
Very true OB. That's why I am pretty particular. Plus I can do most of my own repairs and work. Thanks for your input.

You'll need a FB profile to see this one but it doesn't look bad from the description. And the price is right at $25,900.

ONE OWNER LOCAL TRADE PURCHASED NEW LOCALLY IN 2003 ONLY 24,776 MILES RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT VERY CLEAN INSIDE FORD V10

241500481_4245011872214747_1795720189741721406_n.jpg

241480680_6272347246139015_5006455993913086889_n.jpg

241182691_4077240379072293_5418320886082963545_n.jpg

241415330_4568534593167617_4882613497257341694_n.jpg

Main thing I would recommend is if this is your first motorhome, find a friend that has had a motorhome, preferably one of the same make/model, but has had a motorhome for a few years anyway. Take them with you when you go look at the coach - they will know how to operate some of the stuff that you wouldn't. You need to walk the roof, and open the engine compartment, check oils, belts, coolant. Also tires age, etc. Even find a friend of a friend - RV people are people that like to help other RVers. That is worth it's weight in gold.

Latest resources

Back