FYI Looking for a spacious fuel stop - Gasoline

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
EZ,

I'm always learning. The great thing about the internet. Never thought much about front axle placement, Front vs Back. Very interesting point.
Did a short Search on the topic and learned a bunch about the different axle placement, Front Vs Back by vocation.

Thank you for noticing that difference.

joe
You're welcome Joe. It's just another piece in the puzzle. It helps when you understand why some of the things are the way they are. There are reasons why trucks and RV's are built the way they are. Some of them are necessary and some of them are a compromise due to other engineering factors. I've been spec'ing commercial trucks for about 30 years now. It's really interesting to me to delve into all the technical aspects of building the truck. When I started 30 years ago we didn't have computers in the dealership. The trucks were spec'd out of a book of codes the thickness of a big city phone book!! There were 13 pages of transmissions alone!! You'd thing a 10 speed transmission would be a 10 speed transmission, right? Wrong!!! Depending if it is a road tractor or a garbage truck the 10 speed transmission will be geared MUCH differently inside the gear box! And you better put the right one in too or the truck will be a 50,000 pound paper weight! :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back