Looking for a top quality 25’ TT

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Way over my budget to go camping (n)
absolutely right - not for camping. It would be to downsize from our Class A. I can’t say we camp anymore but we do like comforts and self sufficiency when we travel.

Last edited:
absolutely right - not for camping. It would be to downsize from our Class A. I can’t say we camp anymore but we do like comforts and self sufficiency when we travel.
So, what would you park on your possible Pacific Shores lot?

I can see it for retirement, not for moving around all the time, if I were going to live in it,looks like a nice rig.

this is the floor plan I really like: Full width bath (like our Ventana) and 26’ of floor length. But the rear patio thing (same 26’ interior length) has real appeal, especially for traveling with dogs.
IMG_3494.jpeg

Besides the Outdoor units, the close 2nd for us as we have looked/considered a downsize is the Northwood Mfg units.
In the travel trailer, the 25Y is the most interesting for us with a mid walk through bath.
Biggest downside for us is that when pulling over for a quick stop the dinette slide appears that it would make it impassable with the slide in.

Now this is quite an interesting option that is just being introduced:

So!!! When someone that is as knowledgeable as yourself is,who has helped as many as you have helped here! Starts looking at 24 foot trailers,and has one in mind! I thought it prudent to prompt you to help others with your seemingly impeccable ability to make sound choices!!!

Congratulations to you for your explanation into your thought process! I believe it will help those wondering how to start looking!!!
Seriously though, I eliminated anything from the big three, choosing to peruse independent builders, then looked for ground clearance, heavy capacity (axles, frame, suspension), relatively high NCCC, and just more weight. Any trailer that qualifies as light weight, does so by using cheap and thus usually fragile materials, I don’t care what it weights because I can tow 18,000lbs from the factory hitch and no 25’ trailer will be close to that. These are about half and that means they didn’t sacrifice quality for weight savings. Dual pane windows are an example, as well as solid surface counters, and bigger holding and fresh water tanks.

Outdoor Rv has a lighter weight category too, but thats not what I’m looking for. They don’t have a lot of outside storage but I’d be towing it with a pick-up that doesn’t have a 5th wheel hitch taking up a lot of room. And they are built in Central Oregon, far from the trappings of Elkhart, with actually using the RV for its intended purpose in mind, not mass production, weight savings, and cheap materials. They have aluminum frame walls, a “four season” build design, and what they call a custom chassis which I think deserves a look.

This is all based on the idea of a rather radical down-size/camping style change. I’m paying too much to the DMV, too much for insurance, and too much for fuel and maintenance. By eliminating the coach and toad from the fleet, the savings are almost $3000/year with them just sitting. More of course if I use them. Also the older I get the more work it is to operate the coach. I never thought I’d say that, but there it is. I’d miss the quality of the coach and the laundry and big kitchen, but I know that a change like this will involve compromises.

Theres a dealer near me (Yuba City) so I can go over there and take a first hand look. I might be completely turned off when I see them, but I’ll never know until I do. And it’s near the John Deere dealership so it wont be a wasted trip.
We opted for a Lance after a few years with a well-built teardrop (NuCamp T@B). We were not willing to put money on a lesser-built unit. Lance fit the bill, they are much more common in the West. Built their reputation first with truck campers. Check 'em out.

We continue to look at options of downsizing and on a recent trip we saw quite a few of the new Brinkley RVs. Only have seen the 5th wheels but do see that they introduced bumper pull trailers recently. Like that it is heavier, heavier rated axles, higher rated tires, has the solid surface counters, appears to have a better build in some ways, like the dinette-desk setup, a place for a real trash can, etc. Seems to be well thought through.
Has anyone here seen the Brinkley trailers in person or seen the factory?
A co-worker just down sized from a large GrandDesign Momentum 5th wheel to an Airstream and they are very happy with the simplicity of it. Faster tear down and setup, no slides, less routine maintenance, etc.
Downside to the airstream is it would need a couple things done, such as a 3” lift to get enough ground clearance to avoid tail dragging which can lead to front end separation.

Just as I thought we were pretty settled on an Outdoors or Northwood RV, now have a couple more options to think through.

Latest resources

Back