• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Looking to buy

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

That's the one, @Akdare; thanks for posting the link. From what I old tell, it looked like a quality unit.

TJ

Forget the lift. Just get an enclosed trailer. Put the car/Jeep and bike in it. Alternatively, tow a pickup and put the Harley in the bed.

Also, TandemTow could work too.

Forget the lift. Just get an enclosed trailer. Put the car/Jeep and bike in it. Alternatively, tow a pickup and put the Harley in the bed.
This is probably the best solution in my humble opinion. It doesn’t have to be enclosed, but it does keep things more secure. I have seen where the motorcycle is loaded from side toors in the front and secured sideways giving more room for the vehicle and have a shorter trailer. This would improve towing in the mountains and reduce rear end weight of the RV.

I have a Hydralift on my Ventana 4369 (with tag). I have a Harley Road King that goes on the lift. The lift works great although when we hit short dips on the expressway I see more "bounce" of the entire platform that I would like. Have not had any issues just my observation looking at the rear view camera as we travel. Bike in the back of a pick up would be a good solution and there are some manufactures that produce a "lift" that fits in a pickup bed that assist with the loading and securing the bike. In my case I already had a recent model toad which was not a pick up and I did not want to purchase a different vehicle. The trailer solution certainly would also work and would allow you to back up if required (vs a 4 down toad). For me a trailer is not my desired path for 2 reasons. 1) while traveling many times we will use the toad even for a one night stop. Seems it would be a bigger pain to unload and reload a trailer vs unhook & reattach the toad. 2) When I get to my destination I have to have a place for the trailer, some parks have a place for trailers & some do not. Just one less logistic to have to deal with.

I lean more towards the bike in the bed solution. Get a raptor or gladiator. Both can go 4-down, hold their own off road and host a Harley in the bed. Cover the bike if you’re worried about chips.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back