RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
We have a 2021 Ventana. It has a Whirlpool refrigerator. From a cooling standpoint it works fine. What isn’t fine is a noise it makes several times during the day. I am told it is a noise either defrost or the compressor. It is loud and can go on for 45 mins. I am wondering if this model isn’t insulated as well as better models so the noise louder. If you are sleeping in the main area on the sofa bed it will wake you up.

Anyone else having this problem - or better yet solved it?!

No clue but as you're under Warranty maybe report it to Newmar and they'll arrange for someone to look at it.

Whirlpool refers in my opinion are not as good as the Samsung models placed in more up line coaches. Our door does not close as tight as we think it should, had it looked at they say it's normal. The ones we look at in other units close tighter. Each one is different, but had I had a choice, would have opted for the Samsung one. It cools fine, don't have the noise you describe. Look under it and make sure the drain pan is not obstructed and it's draining correctly when the defrost cycle runs. I think ours does one once a day, it's been while since we used it so not sure.

Latest resources

Back