Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've learned a metric ton from @Chuggs and this is one of his many gems and I will say clearly this is a MUST HAVE for all RVers. Yes, I'm serious, and I had already bought induction cookware which now remains at the S&B as this is just an amazing invention. The non-stick stuff is great, it is so compact for storage, someone was pure genius in inventing this cookware set for travelers like us!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CN7JIOG/?tag=rvf01-20

magma-stacking-cookware.png

I have owned the magma set for 2 years now. I also added the omelet pan.

We store using the fabric protectors they sell to ensure no scratching.

We always cook with oil, and clean without a scour pad to protect the surface of the no stick.

Even with all the protection and care, the no stick is terrible after a lot of use. I cook every day using the egg pan and the fry pan. After about 2 months the no stick wears down, and after about 4 months the pans must be replaced.

Some of the wear is from the rubbing on the pads while stacked and in transit.

Overall, these pans are convenient for storing and occasional use. The pots are good for varying sizes, etc, but the daily use of the saute pan and frying pan is not what these are designed for.

I am going to be adding a couple of cast iron pans for my daily cooking.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

We store using the fabric protectors they sell to ensure no scratching

Excellent tip, I do the same and completely forgot about it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRCXXW9/?tag=rvf01-20

protectors.png

I have the Magma, too...but, unfortunately not the induction variety as I have a gas stove now. I have the induction version on my Christmas list, and will gift the old set to my MIL. I do have the colander, too. Great for cooking pasta. My set came with the star shaped felt pieces. Omelet pan is on my wishlist, too.

We also have the Magma set and love them. We do need to get the omelet pan, however; that would complete the set nicely. The Magma pots/pans are very easy to keep clean and the non-stick feature is great.

TJ

We have had the Magma set for two years now and love them. We do not have the nonstick because the DW much prefers to cook without the coating (except for a skillet). Highly recommend the non coated set.

I'm not sure whether to admit that I didn't realize I had the colander but when deciding to make Spaghetti tonight and pulling out the pots I realized I had it. I've been using a normal colandar, I even have a rubber collapsible one, you know, you can't have enough colanders!! :rolleyes:

This nifty thing not only stores compact with the above mentioned set but it's nice that you boil your pasta in this colander that's in the 5qt pot and then just pull it out to drain, rinse, etc. as desired.

A must have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SUHI6W/?tag=rvf01-20

mag-colander.png

And, you've had this Magma set for how long? :oops: We've had the same set for 2+ years and have used the colander numerous times. And, as you say, it is a handy item.

TJ

Oh...I thought that was a parts cleaner....don't tell my DW I took it to the garage.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back