• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Magneshade Magnets - BLACK!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Neal, the 3M tape is a great idea. Really interested in your thoughts once applied.

MagnaShade uses black magnets Neil, and has for years. On my application (Newmar 4369) they went two black ones which went on the outside top left and outside top right. The rest were silver but I assume I could have requested all black.

The silver ones are the items discussed and they do not offer those as black that I know of. I discussed this with them in the past.

The silver ones are the items discussed and they do not offer those as black that I know of. I discussed this with them in the past.
Not sure when you last discussed black magnets with them, but they have them.

We purchased our MagnaShade probably 3 years ago. For the 4369 model it is one of the largest ones they make. It came with maybe 10 regular silver magnets and 2 thicker silver magnets. The thicker ones went up in the top corners. After about a year the top corners dogeared down. I called them and they asked if I had two exterior magnets on the outside or inside at the top. They said my shade should have come with two large BLACK exterior magnets for the top corners. When I told them I had never had black magnets they immediately sent me either 4 or 6.

If I still had our coach I would certainly take a photo and post.

Flat black magnets installed. No reflection. No chrome bling in the windshield. Subdued and functional.

7D71A751-763C-4A58-88B5-09F4628BBD95.jpeg
9DB12850-5DF2-4F78-996A-71D3D41DEA96.jpeg

Our friends just added MagnaShades to their Tiffin bus on the side front windows. They had the windshield MagnaShade already. All their magnets that came with their new shades were black.

Glad to hear. This is the way it should be.

I'd never heard of Magne Shade until I saw this thread. So, I went to their website to see what the heck they are and I see all of these beautiful rigs with the shades. I have to admit, some of the ones with graphics look amazing. Absent wanting to show off a cool picture, though, I don't understand the need, unless they are just for additional sun blockage and/or privacy. Admittedly, I'm in the hope-to-be-soon-to-be-owner of a Class A rig category so I'm learning tons of stuff every day. Don't all Class A motorhomes (at least newer ones) already come with shades? The one I'm looking at has two (day/night) on the windshield and single shades on windows.

Magneshade performs well by blocking the sun/heat before it goes through the glass.

Magneshade performs well by blocking the sun/heat before it goes through the glass.

That is the crux of the issue.

Secondarily, there is a slight increase in daytime privacy over the OEM day shades, but not significant enough, IMO, to warrant the added expense.

Latest resources

Back