Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Hello Tiffin owners. Need some help as my entrance step cover seems to be working erratically.

There is a switch on both the drivers side as well as the passenger side and when my air tanks have pressure, the step cover works fine. When there is no air, like after the coach has been parked for a few days, the cover doesn't work. My first guess would be that it's air activated and with no air, i can't expect it to work. But it doesn't make sense to me that Tiffin would leave me stuck inside the coach if I was unfortunate enough to be in there when the air tanks dropped below the necessary level.

Can anyone tell me what makes these step covers work? And is what I'm seeing just a coincidence or does Tiffin have a strange sense of humor?

Ok, not a Tiffin owner, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it fails when your air has “leaked out”. Have you looked underneath your steps to see if you can see a label for a manufacturer of your steps? There may also be a small auxiliary air tank under there somewhere that supports the operation of the steps, and it might have developed a leak; probably not in the tank itself, but maybe in a fitting or hose. With a 10 year old coach, I’m leaning towards a leaking hose...

I think the theory is that you won't deploy the step cover when you are parked; just when traveling down the road. You whould always have air pressure in that instance.

i like Akdare's thought that you have an air leak somewhere,

TJ

Reactions: Jim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back