Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Many incarnations of this but we all know the small shower wand whatever it is in the wet bay is nearly useless. Low water pressure, probably couldn't wash a pet with it. The pex connections behind this like almost everywhere else are twist on making it very easy to change. The hardest part is finding your desired spigot type connections and back plate, many reuse the Newmar one, I 3D printed one which was a bit challenging. Anyways, I think there is a water pressure reducer in the Newmar system taking the pressure to near nothing. But removing the Newmar setup and installing separate hot and cold water bibbs make a huge difference. You get control of the hot vs. cold water and some use a washing machine y-cord to enable hot/cold mixing for temp control such as for bathing a pet. If you want to make your wet bay "shower" useful this is a great yet simple mod to do. Just unscrew the four screws that hold the contraption to the wet bay board and twist off the lines (mark them as needed for hot/cold) and get your favorite "boiler valves" I think they're called at Lowes/HD and try those out.

IMG_0944.png

Thanks this has been on my list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back