• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Microwave

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Short of total manual controls, I have had to read the manual every time I got a new unit.

I left this forum because of answers like Bulys. Nothing has changed.

OK have a question for you guys. My microwave appears to not work even though the light does come on when I open up the door. Does anyone have a fix for me?
I've had something like that happen with my microwave. I think it was because of the electrical draw of everything I had going at the time. I have 30 amp service and was pulling nearly all of it, thus barely enough electric for the microwave.

I left this forum because of answers like Bulys. Nothing has changed.
In all honesty, some people come here to help others and don't really need help. It does discourage when people ask questions that can't be answered,
If sometimes we express ourselves in a somewhat negative way, it doesn't mean we aren't here to help, just maybe we have a bad day too. Give Buly a break he is human too!

Typically I’ve found that, if you have adequate power, and a microwave refuses to energize, it is something simple, burnt thermostat, diode, fuse. That said there are many items that can hurt you inside a micro wave . Capacitors hold enough energy to give you a very bad day if you complete a circuit. if you chose to open the unit up make absolutely sure that the capacitors are drained. A repair manual will go through the steps. Below is a troubleshooting guide I use to cover potential problems

• Diode – converts A/C to D/C
  • Door switch – Notifies the rest of the microwave that cooking can occur
  • Magnetron – Uses the D/C current to make microwaves. Microwaves cook your food
  • High voltage capacitor – Along with the diode, converts A/C to D/C
  • High voltage transformer – helps converts volts to power the magnetro
  • Thermal Fuse – monitors the microwave for overheating
  • Thermoprotector – Also monitors the microwave for overheating. The Thermoprotector will prevent the microwave from starting
  • Main control board – This is the brains of the microwave. controls everything from cooking time to cooking power and turntable rotation.

Typically I’ve found that, if you have adequate power, and a microwave refuses to energize, it is something simple, burnt thermostat, diode, fuse. That said there are many items that can hurt you inside a micro wave . Capacitors hold enough energy to give you a very bad day if you complete a circuit. if you chose to open the unit up make absolutely sure that the capacitors are drained. A repair manual will go through the steps. Below is a troubleshooting guide I use to cover potential problems

• Diode – converts A/C to D/C
  • Door switch – Notifies the rest of the microwave that cooking can occur
  • Magnetron – Uses the D/C current to make microwaves. Microwaves cook your food
  • High voltage capacitor – Along with the diode, converts A/C to D/C
  • High voltage transformer – helps converts volts to power the magnetro
  • Thermal Fuse – monitors the microwave for overheating
  • Thermoprotector – Also monitors the microwave for overheating. The Thermoprotector will prevent the microwave from starting
  • Main control board – This is the brains of the microwave. controls everything from cooking time to cooking power and turntable rotation.
And the number one reason for failure is! The safety switch that detects an improperly closed door. Yup as simple as a misaligned door latch has been the number one fault I have found.

Latest resources

Back