Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gfmucci

RVF Regular
I see on a dealers Web site the front axle is 8K and rear is 15K. Is this the primary limitation for gross vehicle weight?

I didn't see on any spec sheet what the cargo capacity is after a washer/dryer is added., or even without a washer dryer.

You guys have any info on this? I imagine the older 10 cyl version might be different from the newer 8 cyl.

Coachmen Mirada 315KS - 2012-2023. Any info you have.

Thanks.

Almost every option, as well as things you would not think of as options, detract from your equipment hauling capacity!!

The only reliable way to answer your question is to say have it weighed, then do the math.

Almost every option, as well as things you would not think of as options, detract from your equipment hauling capacity!!

The only reliable way to answer your question is to say have it weighed, then do the math.
I would rather know the CCC before I bought one.

Nope. No CCC. Not enough data to calculate. Even the new 2023 brochure doesn't state CCC, and doesn't provide weight off the production line with fuel and water, although it defined what CCC means. Again, not even two figures to calculate CCC. Strange.

The only thing that makes sense is they don't say because it's not much.

I even asked a local General RV dealer. He couldn't tell me. He said he needs to speak to a rep.

I'm interested in this brand/model because it appears to be the shortest Class A out there with a washer/dryer hookup, <35'.

Just FYI, we replaced our washer/dryer combo and they weigh approximately 148 lbs. A stackable washer and dryer which would fit into the Mirada total weight is about 208 lbs.

1692741706633.png

1692741706633.png

This is for Coachman web site on a new 315. GCWR is 26,000 GVWR is 22,000. That leaves 4,000 for propane, water, passengers, cargo. So no, CCC will not be much. Towing behind the MH will need to factored in as well. Don’t forget the 80 gallons of fuel.

Unless you do an boondocking you probably won't have any issues. We don't boondock and just carry the essentials then get what food we need from the local stores when we arrive at the CG.

View attachment 20268
View attachment 20268
This is for Coachman web site on a new 315. GCWR is 26,000 GVWR is 22,000. That leaves 4,000 for propane, water, passengers, cargo. So no, CCC will not be much. Towing behind the MH will need to factored in as well. Don’t forget the 80 gallons of fuel.
This doesn't compute for me. If the combined axle capacity is 23,000 lbs (15K and 8K) how do you get 4K for everything else? Could you provide more calcs, please? Isn't axle capacity the max. gross weight limit?

If this rig is used just for solo full timing without heavy hobbies, minimal CCC is probably OK. A second person would probably add another 500 lbs (150 person and 350 stuff.) But given the axle max. I don't understand how CCC is arrived at.

The Gross Combined Vehicle Rating is 26,000 lbs. This is the total weight that can be carried and towed. The GVWR of 22,000 is the curb weight plus all people, cargo and is without the tow vehicle. So you have 4,000 lbs. if the you are loaded to the 22,000 lbs.

The axel weight is the maximum weight that can placed directly on each axel not spread out over the entire length of the chassis.

We have a '17 Leprechaun GVWR is 14,200 and we have a residential Fridge and a washer/dryer combo With a loaded fridge and other stuff (loaded in the basement) we bring we have not even come close.

Go to a Truck Stop or anywhere they have a CAT Scale and get the RV weighed (front and back separately) that will better help you understand.

Latest resources

Back