• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Mirada cargo capacity

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The Gross Combined Vehicle Rating is 26,000 lbs. This is the total weight that can be carried and towed. The GVWR of 22,000 is the curb weight plus all people, cargo and is without the tow vehicle. So you have 4,000 lbs. if the you are loaded to the 22,000 lbs.

The axel weight is the maximum weight that can placed directly on each axel not spread out over the entire length of the chassis.

Go to a Truck Stop or anywhere they have a CAT Scale and get the RV weighed (front and back separately) that will better help you understand.
Thanks for your explanation. So, the GVWR of 22,000 lbs is 1,000 pounds less than the 23,000 lb AXLE max weight capacity. Neither axle should bear more weight than their individual max, wherever the load exists, directly over the axle or 10 feet away. That's why load distribution is important as I understand it.

So, if the GVWR (max fully loaded) is 22,000 lbs, and you say the load capacity is 4,000 lbs, does that mean the empty vehicle weight is 18,000 lbs? I didn't see anything in the specs provided above that indicated the empty weight of the rig as the basis for deriving the 4,000 lb CCC. I'm just interested in the "carried" weight, not the "towed" weight. Seems a number or two is still missing.

Also, as mentioned earlier, I'm interested in learning weight capacities BEFORE I purchase a motorhome only to weigh it and then be shocked at how little cargo it can handle.

Nope, If you want the empty weight you will have to weigh it. The GVWR (22,000 lbs) is the rating when fully loaded minus any towed vehicle. The Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCVR) 26,000 lbs. is the RV fully loaded and a tow vehicle, which means you can tow a 4000 lbs. toad.

Empty weight - Unknown
GVWR 22,000 fully loaded without tow vehicle
GCWR 26,000 Fully loaded with tow vehicle

That leaves 4000 lbs for a tow vehicle.

If you are looking for the how much you can load before you get to the 22,000 lbs. you must have the empty weight which I do not know of any manufacture that list it.

Also, talked to a friend at Coachmen and he stated the 315KS wasn't available until 2021 and they do not list the empty weight due to the dealer installing options prior to sale.

If you are looking for the how much you can load before you get to the 22,000 lbs. you must have the empty weight which I do not know of any manufacture that list it.

Also, talked to a friend at Coachmen and he stated the 315KS wasn't available until 2021 and they do not list the empty weight due to the dealer installing options prior to sale.
That answers the riddle. No empty weight provided so we can't know how much we can load in it until after we buy and weigh it. That sounds a lot like not knowing what's in proposed legislation until they pass it.

Here is another good explanation by GaryRVroamer from another web site...

"Manufacturers are now reluctant to publish UVW (empty) weights because federal law requires that they give accurate weights for each vehicle. Not model, each vehicle. That varies by configuration and options, and they don't want to advertise a UVW and then get sued because th see one you order is 1000 or more lbs different. Some will quote a base weight with no options (and put that caveat somewhere in the brochure or webpage), but it's still risky for them. And you, if you count on that exact weight. The GVWR, on the other hand, is a fixed maximum regardless of configuration. The CCC, if stated, assumes some mythical UVW, but CCC isn't subject to the same federal regs as UVW, making it less legally risky. Therefore, subtract CCC from GVWR to get an estimate of UVW, but take both CCC & UVW with several grains of salt. The actual for a specific coach can be surprisingly different."

Either way, adding 250 lbs. for a stackable washer and dryer in minimal compared to the towed vehicle. Chance are unless yo hauling rocks or gold you won't come close.

Latest resources

Back