Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
Decided to bit the bullet on a BR2 Pro 5G and discovered my old Mobley sim is too big. I have no ATT store, authorized or factory, close. Is getting a sim cutter a viable route, or should I wait until I can get to an ATT store. If so, has there been any hassles getting them to swap sims.

On related note, my sister never removed her sim from the Mobley, which I'm sure has been firmware updated and now has a lock code on sim. What's the best way to get that moved to a Peplink? Replacement sim or get unlock codes, and if so, do you put it in peplink (or similar first) and then get unlock codes or what is the procedure?

I used a sim cutter and a brown paper bag.

You'll need the two PUK codes I think they're called and I think the process is to put it back in the mobley to establish a PIN code that you'll need going forward. I got my PUK codes using AT&T live chat but you can probably call support as well. The procedure is online somewhere to use the PUK codes to create a PIN and then you can use the SIM anywhere.

Amazon product ASIN B06XTKM2RW

Brown paper bag? Do you need something to use for a template?

For potential hyperventilation when cutting a Mobley SIM :eek:

For potential hyperventilation when cutting a Mobley SIM :eek:
LOL, OK, gotcha. Yea, must admit has me a bit queasy.

On unrelated bright note, my Verizon pre-paid unlimited did connect to 5G, which I was pleasantly surprised at. This is still with my old Poyntang LTE focused antennas.

Latest resources

Back