Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tsax1951

RVF Regular
I recently had a new decking, roof and new dycor (sp?) done to my travel trailer to stop leaks in the front cabinet area. After our rain yesterday I noticed there was some moisture in the same spot on the wall in one of the cabinets as before. Does it sound like I still have a leak or is just condensation. The temperature has been in the 70's.

Last edited:
That's a hard question to answer without being there to actually see the situation. That said, leaks in travel trailers are notoriously hard to track down. What looks like a roof leak may actually be a leak in the sidewall or around a window frame. Water can travel quite a distance horizontally as well as vertically.

Having dealt with a few leaks back in my travel trailer days, I suspect that you still have one and the water is just not coming from the roof area where you recently had work done. There is another possibility as well; that the roof work missed a spot (around a vent, perhaps, or air conditioner). It only takes a tiny leak to let what appears to be a substantial quantity of water in.

Wishing you good luck in running this issue down.

TJ

Check around your marker lights and look for seams vertival seams where the roof comes over the side, if yours does. Also check for a seam just above the rain gutters, if you have them. You may even try trying to trace the path with one of those moisture detector meters. That I haven't tried, so I don't know how well they work.

Check around your marker lights and look for seams vertival seams where the roof comes over the side, if yours does. Also check for a seam just above the rain gutters, if you have them. You may even try trying to trace the path with one of those moisture detector meters. That I haven't tried, so I don't know how well they work.
Thank you. I checked the running light close to where the moisture was inside. It looked like it was still sealed. However, just above the rain gutter I did find a very thin opening so I caulked it. We are supposed to get a rain Wednesday so we'll see if that was it or nor. Thank you for the info.

Latest resources

Back