Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No

Hopefully RV camping does not become a THING. Like CBs in the 70s….

Hopefully RV camping does not become a THING. Like CBs in the 70s….
Well that type park might serve to lower some of the impact on the parks I like to visit. Given the overcrowding I’ve seen in a lot of RV parks, more parks can only help.

Well Joe,

You did it! I planned to lurk and be happy, then you posted this!
To set things straight. There is only one thing new here, a new pimp on the block.

Notice they don't talk about new parks, just displacing the people who use the older less desirable (for some) parks. The article talks about a "new" idea, but Jellystone parks offered many of the same things years ago!!! I know because I managed one that was sold to a membership group!

The studies are [mod edit: removed political remark], but fail to consider current reductions in occupancy!!! It is my hope that the investors in this venture will lose as much as those who rely on the parks they are buying up will lose, due to their ill gotten plans for gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that type park might serve to lower some of the impact on the parks I like to visit. Given the overcrowding I’ve seen in a lot of RV parks, more parks can only help.
There is always a counter point!

RV Parks Occupancy

We're leaving tomorrow for a trip to two dog shows on consecutive weekends, different venues. The first is near Minneapolis, MN and the second in Amana, IA. I was going to make reservations for the travel days but decided to wing it. I'll report back my experience.

Well Joe,

You did it! I planned to lurk and be happy, then you posted this!
To set things straight. There is only one thing new here, a new pimp on the block.

Notice they don't talk about new parks, just displacing the people who use the older less desirable (for some) parks. The article talks about a "new" idea, but Jellystone parks offered many of the same things years ago!!! I know because I managed one that was sold to a membership group!

The studies are [mod edit: removed] research, but fail to consider current reductions in occupancy!!! It is my hope that the investors in this venture will lose as much as those who rely on the parks they are buying up will lose, due to their ill gotten plans for gain.
I’ve missed your reliably opposing views - glad you resurfaced!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always a counter point!

RV Parks Occupancy

We're leaving tomorrow for a trip to two dog shows on consecutive weekends, different venues. The first is near Minneapolis, MN and the second in Amana, IA. I was going to make reservations for the travel days but decided to wing it. I'll report back my experience.
I don’t make reservations for travel days either - just destinations. Trying to make reservations for every night on the road is too restricting and plans change and I have never struck out. My method is to start looking for a place to spend the night about 50-100 miles ahead on my route when I decide I’ll want to stop in an hour or so. Since I really never know when or where that will be, reservations would take away the initiative and limit my choices.

Looks like just a bunch of sales pitch blurb intended for potential investors. I like the big mention of " The 18-to-34 age range now accounts for nearly a quarter of RV owners". Yeah, a 19 year old in a "redone" Uhaul moving van is totally your target market for "high end, luxury" RV resorts. College kids, new families starting out... Phhht.

Latest resources

Back