Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
We've been traveling for a month and we have yet to stay in a full park. The parks have been anywhere from 50% to 90% full and albeit they aren't exclusive resorts they have all been excellent parks in desirable areas. We have already decided that next year we will go back to the pre covid travel by the seat of our pants style.

We are in Berlin, Ohio at Scenic Hills RV Park, and at 5 PM on Sunday, the park is approximately 30% full. Friday and Saturday nights it was approximately 75% full.

I would be interested to hear what others are finding.

I would be interested to hear what others are finding.
Wow, you are in Ohio? You aren't letting any grass grow under that rig!

We are at 60% right now, but in a few days we will be full.

Here on the Tennessee River in my work area we are generally full on the weekends and not during the week. I just booked 4 nights at the Harrison Bay State Park this afternoon. In the more desirable area of the park to boot. Personally, I think the cost of travel etc. has curtailed many campers.

I have not been out in the last few months. I have seen the very popular campgrounds fill up on weekends. During the week only 30 to 50% occupancy at most.

Last week, the local state park was almost empty during the week. Maybe 25% full. Going Reservation only might of had something to do with that. We were also there for July 4th and it was about 50% full. BUT that was also weekday not the previous weekend. I live in a mostly permanents park with a few overnight slots available. At best, there have been 4 overnighters at one time. Often none. The new owners aren't real happy. They should have kept the Passport America discount going.

While there are pretty much always RV's in the Walmart parking lot, The normal amount simply aren't there. Not even for the Spring migration. Fewer RVs in the lots and parks? I can't decide if the numbers are truly dropping or if it's because of the heat. But triple digit heat is our normal for NM.

We've been traveling for a month and we have yet to stay in a full park. The parks have been anywhere from 50% to 90% full and albeit they aren't exclusive resorts they have all been excellent parks in desirable areas. We have already decided that next year we will go back to the pre covid travel by the seat of our pants style.

We are in Berlin, Ohio at Scenic Hills RV Park, and at 5 PM on Sunday, the park is approximately 30% full. Friday and Saturday nights it was approximately 75% full.
We're seeing the same thing - this park we're in right now is beautiful and cheap. We're enjoying the privacy (park is about 30% maybe? - not sure because we're all spread out
Except for the 😡 60% occupancy at "sold-out-for-months" Cheyenne Mountain SP, we've been seeing about 30%. At the beautiful all-paved fairly new Aspen Grove RV Park in Utah, maybe 20% occupied. We thought it was because it's expensive, and too hot, the new trees won't do any good for 10 years.
But this gorgeous state park we're in now is sparsely occupied - warm, but comfortable in the shade. Mid 60s at night. We're amazed. (Three River Crossing SP in Idaho).
Unfortunately the interpretive center is only open 9-4, we have to miss it this time.
We're not seeing a lot of rigs on the road either.

We have a permanent campsite at a small campground in PA. For the last 3 years it ould be 100% full on the weekends and about 50% during the week. This year it's at about 50% on the weekends. Holiday weekends are not even filled

I wonder if a large number of the COVID buyers have decided that they prefer their hotel/motels with the restaurants for every meal. I imagine many of the people who typically cooked all the meals at home, still did most or all of the cooking on their RV vacations. So it's not much of a vacation for them. But it's hard to cook a meal in a hotel room with only an under powered microwave. So basically, no cooking for them in hotel/motels. That was a common complaint amongst new RVer/Campers (mostly from the women who still do the bulk of the household chores).

I'll never forget the family we once met in a National Forest park. The husband and kids LOVED "camping". He watched TV and slept, the kids ran wild and the wife? She spent all her time cooking and cleaning up the mess everyone else made. She HATED the camper and it was a good sized one. She kept asking me how to torch it and how I managed in our little pop up with a husband, two kids, a big dog and a cat. I told her. I wasn't a domestic diva. Everybody chips in all the time, at home and camping. We camped so much that the kids didn't differentiate between the house and the popup.

I don't think her husband was happy with my husband after he verified what I had said was what we actually did. My kids were cooking their own lunches on the cooktop and in the microwave by the time they were in the 1st grade (6yo). In headstart (2 yrs @4-5yo), they would help cook breakfast for the other early kids (with my permission - the cook was an old neighbour) and set the table so the cook wouldn't have to do that job.

I have often wondered if they ever got it sorted out or if they sold the camper. I suspect the latter, based on the amount of other miserable women I've met who ended up working harder during their "vacation" than they did at home.

wonder if a large number of the COVID buyers have decided that they prefer their hotel/motels with the restaurants for every meal. I imagine many of the people who typically cooked all the meals at home, still did most or all of the cooking on their RV vacations. So it's not much of a vacation for them. But it's hard to cook a meal in a hotel room with only an under powered microwave. So basically, no cooking for them in hotel/motels. That was a common complaint amongst new RVer/Campers (mostly from the women who still do the bulk of the household chores).
You are probably correct. Camping is not as "easy" and "Carefree" as it is promoted to be. :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back