Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Most Recommended RV Dealer In Pennsylvania?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dispatch

RVF Regular
Can anyone tell me who is the most highly recommended RV dealer in Pennsylvania?
Thinking.gif

Can anyone tell me who is the most highly recommended RV dealer in Pennsylvania? View attachment 24772
The full responsibility of an honest deal is completely on you. If you make it out of an RV dealer lot without feeling abused, you are very lucky, or you walked away!!! Buy used from a private party!!!

I can't offer any better advice! But this is not advice, it is My opinion. This comes from 50 years of buying RV's, and living in them.

Over the years, I bought one RV from a dealer, two used ones privately. You will regret buying from a dealer, they will promise you the moon and stars until they get your check, after that, good luck getting anything done. Just read some of the stories on this forum.

I bought a new leftover Class A from Campers Inn RV. While it had been sitting on their lot for a year, there were two safety recalls sent to them concerning this vehicle. They did not do the repairs or tell me about them before I bought it. These were both easy repairs. One was to check the cotter pins on the nuts that held the driver and passenger seats in place, just lift the flap of fabric under the seat and tighten the nut and install the cotter pin if it was missing. (Unless you like the seat to fall off while you’re driving.) The other was for the stairs, the wire coming through the body needed a rubber bushing so it doesn’t rub through and the stairs extend while you were driving. When I got the notices, I called the dealer and they wanted me to drive 400 miles drop off the vehicle and then in two weeks or so I could travel 400 miles back to pick it up. So in other words l would travel a total of 2400 miles (two vehicles down and one back to drop off and then one down and two back to pick it up) instead of having a mechanic take a half an hour to look at it and sign the forms showing the recall was done. I don’t call my self a mechanic but it didn’t take me a half an hour to do all the work. Plus I was going to go right past their Philadelphia facility in two weeks so I called that store, they told me they could not do recall work since I didn’t buy the vehicle there! So great network of dealerships huh? After that great service experience I decided I wouldn’t ever give them another dime.

Both used RVs were great, still driving my 2015 Roadtrek and no problems. I’ll fix the issues myself anyways instead of hassling with a dealer.

I appreciate the heads up from everyone.

Question though, when shopping for a good used one like on RV Trader, before going to actually look one, what should you look for?

Are there better places/states to buy one from than others or does it matter?

Don’t think it matters.

Whether new or used would highly recommend getting a certified inspector to go through the rig prior to purchase.

Yes I would recommend NIRVC. They are grea.t at taking care of you.
I would still have any RV inspected by a certified inspector before I bought it.
Bill

Don’t think it matters.

Whether new or used would highly recommend getting a certified inspector to go through the rig prior to purchase.
The only other alternative to an inspector is a friend that is brutally honest,that is also OCD.

The only other alternative to an inspector is a friend that is brutally honest,that is also OCD.
Funny, just told some friends that if they wanted, I’d look at a used coach they are going to see 😊

Latest resources

Back