Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bommo

RVF Newbee
I just bought a 2016 Roadtrek Simplicity. I want to add a motorcycle carrier to rear hitch. The Simplicity manual and Dodge promaster manual have conflicting infirmation on hitch.
I have a 2 inch receiver (class 3 or 4) 5000 to 6000 but Roadtrek manual says 2000 lbs. I just want to determine if my 368 lb motorcycle on a 500 lb carrier which weighs 62 lbs sliding into hitch receiver will be ok

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

I just bought a 2016 Roadtrek Simplicity. I want to add a motorcycle carrier to rear hitch. The Simplicity manual and Dodge promaster manual have conflicting infirmation on hitch.
I have a 2 inch receiver (class 3 or 4) 5000 to 6000 but Roadtrek manual says 2000 lbs. I just want to determine if my 368 lb motorcycle on a 500 lb carrier which weighs 62 lbs sliding into hitch receiver will be ok

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Bommo, I used one on my 93 Dutchmen class A with no problems after I strengthened the receiver with a stiffener that kept the bike and rack from rocking side to side. I also used straps from each end of the carrier to the motorhome frame.

Latest resources

Back