Mountain Aire
RV Length
Chassis
FL SL500
Engine
X12
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Doing a walk around tonight when we pulled into site I noticed that one of the amber LED marker lights on the front cap has failed. These are the little ~¾" round lights above the windshield in the fiberglas top cap. No physical damage. Anyone had any experience in removal/replace/repair of these. I'm on the road right now so cannot easily get up to the light, and as it is not a safety issue no rush. I'll get up there when I get home Thursday and take a look. TIA.

I had one fail and replaced it only to find it was just a loose/bad connection. But I bought a few before I realized this and now carry extras with my other spares.

if yours are like mine they are just stuck in the hole with the rubber mount and sealed with some goop.
DA99E556-95C6-4D3E-B53F-09271B6CE30D.jpeg
12476D2A-F01B-46AE-83E7-1A56F85F8E8F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have replaced many. They are just held in with silicone. You just score the silicone, pull it out, snip the wires and reinstall with butt connectors. I like to silicone each end of the connector when done then wrap in electrical tape then re-silicon back in place. The hardest part is getting to them.

Yep, had one fail too. Don't let that wire get away from you into the cap as you'll never get it out so keep that in mind. Other than that order extras from Newmar parts and the change out should be easy.

Yep, had one fail too. Don't let that wire get away from you into the cap as you'll never get it out so keep that in mind. Other than that order extras from Newmar parts and the change out should be easy.
Yeah, I cut / connect / transfer one wire at a time so the bundle never gets lost in the abyss of the roof.
Then again, there should be fiberglass insulation all under / filled that cavity...if the world of Newmar was perfect.

Thanks all. Searching for replacements now before I pop them out (actually 2 bad - one front cap, one rear....

Attachments

• IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6696.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 6
Yours are different from my 2016. I’d order straight from Newmar. Probably $3/ea and you’ll get the right thing first time.

Thanks Rich. While I suspect they will have them, I have yet to find anything that is $3 from Newmar. :ROFLMAO:. However, Newmarians don't buy these toys to complain about the fuel prices or the price of (LED) light bulbs :)

I was surprised at how inexpensive some of the stuff in the parts store was, including lights. I bought spare clearance lights and half a dozen interior lights while I was there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back