Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ud56

RVF Regular
I just bought a lithium battery and want to put it inside my front storage. Looked under trailer and found this wiring.The red wire in the wire lume comes from the battery. The white wire connecting the two breakers Im assuming is a hot wire connecting the two breakers.Couldn’t I just get a positive bussbar and connect everything?The other wire is a white and red wire and a red wire. They both go to a junction box which I think go to my tongue jack. One to the light and one to the jack. Or could I just leave them there and run a cable from battery outside to the fuse?

Attachments

• CDDB8098-B728-4D12-8A52-5B8BB85E8BDE.jpeg
    CDDB8098-B728-4D12-8A52-5B8BB85E8BDE.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Those are automatic resetting breakers. Red wire feeds them.

Those are automatic resetting breakers. Red wire feeds them.
I know they’re breakers,I was thinking why didn’t they use a red wire to connect the two breakers instead of confusing someone with a white.My ques. Was if I move everything inside can I just disconnect all wires and get a single bussbar and connect everything to that and then just Have a single fuse?

The great thing about bus bars is you should shield them.
I personally like having fuses for every circuit. You already have the devices, why change it.
Color on a jumper wire in full view is not a red flag. I would be more concerned if the supply (red) wire didn't have a fuse at the battery, or same side of battery box/compartment.

The great thing about bus bars is you should shield them.
I personally like having fuses for every circuit. You already have the devices, why change it.
Color on a jumper wire in full view is not a red flag. I would be more concerned if the supply (red) wire didn't have a fuse at the battery, or same side of battery box/compartment.
I know if it’s not broke don’t fix it but I want to move the battery inside my front storage bay. I figured if I did that I would just move everything else with it.

I am not arguing against your desire.
I use terminal posts, rather than bus bars. They are much easier to protect from shorts.
Moving the wiring can make a mess, or a sanitary looking result.

You could do something like this, but the breaker is the cat's meow

Attachments

• 1679510149970546877120771734471.jpg
    1679510149970546877120771734471.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back