Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Late to the game but loved when I got in the game, that game is the Amazon Echo devices. So much better than Siri for asking questions, great for controlling smart home items, great for playing music from your favorite streaming source, I use Spotify and SiriusXM. Just about everything links into it which is called "skills" but are really just integrations. I get notifications of amazon shipments being delivered, weather, background pics of my pups, on and on. I'll give you a quick tour of where I have my amazon echo devices and what I use. These devices update like phones, annually it seems, they sound great, and are great to have.

On the side of my televator next to my kitchen counter is an Echo Show 2nd Gen (10.1 inch) on a mount that you can get for it. As many know our microwaves don't keep the clocks always on so this helps have something to reference for time. You can also use it as a timer for cooking etc. such as when I'm searing steaks on the smoker I'll say "Alexa, start a 7 minute timer" and she does!

echo-show.png

In the bedroom I have the smaller Echo Show 5 which is a great night stand type unit. While our night stands are just too small I mounted mine under the TV with a mount I 3D printed or you can just set it on the counter there. It uses a night friendly color and brightness (typically orange) so it won't affect your sleeping but you can view it at night.

echo-show-5.png

In the master bathroom I use an echo spot which also has a display. Repurposed from the bedroom when the Echo Show 5 came out but it's nice to see the time, play music, and of course keep up to the minute on those daily prime deliveries. P.S. The echo spot seems to be no longer available, one of the smaller echo show's may work for you such as the Echo Show 5.

echo-spot.png

As our dash radio fed external TV soundbars suck beyond suck I installed an Echo Dot 3rd Gen in there which plays my music (Spotify, SiriusXM) etc. over bluetooth to my soundbar. Great way to get music outside if you want it.

All kinds of devices, they do require an Internet for functionality so just like your TV's and other devices connect hopefully to a central WiFi system so will your Amazon Echo devices. There is also an app for your smartphone/tablets so you can easily add items to any list you want whether built in lists (shopping, to-do) or add your own. It's great for adding things you want to buy as if I don't write it down 5 seconds later it's gone! Simply say "Alexa, add milk and eggs to my shopping list". Then at the grocery store (or Lowes, HD, etc.) open the app and view your list, check items off as you get them.

My DW Doris does all that for me for the asking :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back