RV Year
RV Make
Rockwood
RV Model
Mini-Lite
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
We bought this one BRAND NEW back in 2006 (iirc) and were pleased as punch at the time. Sure, the salesmen were as phony as always, but we were finally owners of a NEW RV...our first ever new model.
We've owned a lot of trailer, campers and tent-trailers in our 30+ years of camping...some were treasures (Coleman Plantantion) and others were absolute dogs (Aljo, Prowler) but after finally paying off our mortgage, we decided to treat ourselves to a BRAND NEW model.
It is stored outside 24/7/365...our winters aren't that severe when it comes to cold, but we do get more than our fair share of rain....and this is where my problem begins.
Today, I decided to de-winterize. While fiddling with the pump and valves, I noticed the inside edge, where the wall and floor meet, was wet. I assumed that it was the opening for the water heater that was seeping, so I got out the caulking and touched that area up neatly...I am very careful of how much caulking I use....I hate seeing some people's idea of "caulking"!
Here is a view of the left side of our trailer...I decided to install some LED strip lights in the storage area below the two windows.
Rockwood.jpg

When attaching the strip light to the inside edge of the compartment, I noticed that the tips of my fingers were wet.
If you look at the photo...it would be the inside edge, where the red line is. The very inside edge....that is to say, on the inside of the compartment. So now, I'm assuming that it is this leak that found its way down into the pump area I mentioned earlier.I won't bother pulling the door out, since it is obviously coming from ABOVE the door...so where should I start looking?
I haven't been on the roof since last Fall, but everything was good up there at that time. Could it be one (or both ) of the windows...if so, how to I remedy this?

Thanks in advance for any help...I'm not new to having a leaky trailer, but I'd like to keep this one for a few more years.
To me, usually a leak is a sure sign that it's time to sell...but since I'm retiring in a couple of weeks...I probably won't have the cash to replace this one!

Latest resources

Back