Winnebago
RV Model
24V
RV Length
25' 6"
Chassis
MB Sprinter 3500
Engine
I'm reaching out to those that have 2020 and later Navion/View models that have had issues with either Sprinter or Winnebago. I am waiting on my 21/22 View 24V and just looking for some insight while I wait.
Thank you and stay safe.
KH

I'm reaching out to those that have 2020 and later Navion/View models that have had issues with either Sprinter or Winnebago. I am waiting on my 21/22 View 24V and just looking for some insight while I wait.
Thank you and stay safe.
KH
I have a 2022 Navion and really like it. Minor issues involve the walk-in door. They put a “thumbprint” beside the outside door handle. I was told to put my thumb there when opening the door but not told why. If you just open the door by pulling on the handle, you eventually will yank the door out of alignment (personal experience) and it will not seal properly. You will need to get it professionally realigned. The thumbprint is for you to push in on the door to take pressure off the latch before pulling the latch. It’s a little awkward but doable. You can also push in on door with your other hand to relieve the latch pressure. Also, be very careful not to try to open the door simultaneously with one person inside and one person outside. This throws the latch mechanism out of alignment and the door won’t latch tightly nor will you be able to open the door. This is an owner fixable problem but a real pain. Winnebago can send you the procedure for realignment. (Again, personal experience)

I have a 2022 Navion and really like it. Minor issues involve the walk-in door. They put a “thumbprint” beside the outside door handle. I was told to put my thumb there when opening the door but not told why. If you just open the door by pulling on the handle, you eventually will yank the door out of alignment (personal experience) and it will not seal properly. You will need to get it professionally realigned. The thumbprint is for you to push in on the door to take pressure off the latch before pulling the latch. It’s a little awkward but doable. You can also push in on door with your other hand to relieve the latch pressure. Also, be very careful not to try to open the door simultaneously with one person inside and one person outside. This throws the latch mechanism out of alignment and the door won’t latch tightly nor will you be able to open the door. This is an owner fixable problem but a real pain. Winnebago can send you the procedure for realignment. (Again, personal experience)
Also, my inverter kept shutting down at random times. Not necessarily from low battery voltage. After talking to Winnebago and getting no help, called Xantrex (manufacturer). It seems that there inverter has a “timer” in it that shuts it down if it’s not used in 25 hours. They can walk you through the settings to turn it, (the timer, not the inverter) off. Been fine ever since.

@Mikey1966, So when opening the door from the inside, do you have to pull the door inwards before pulling the latch? Do you have a toad? If yes, what vehicle are you towing?

We have discussed downsizing and have looked at the 24V...not yet decided tht we really want to do it.

Safe Travels.

@Mikey1966, So when opening the door from the inside, do you have to pull the door inwards before pulling the latch? Do you have a toad? If yes, what vehicle are you towing?

We have discussed downsizing and have looked at the 24V...not yet decided tht we really want to do it.

Safe Travels.
I have a Winnebago Navion, a 25’ Class C Motörhead. I was told that the doors on these things are imported from Europe. 🙄. I don’t pull in on the door from the inside as I believe that pulling the interior latch simultaneously relieves enough pressure on the catch while unlatching the door. Since getting the door realigned, and doing the thumb pushing thing from the outside, I’ve had no problems. Just hard to believe they are this sensitive. This is a motor home and I do not tow a vehicle behind it.

Latest resources

Back