Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Racefans2

RVF Newbee
Hi We have a 2001 KZ Coyote Hybrid Camper and are trying to figure out how to empty the fresh water tank. The black hose comes out of the tank and out underneath. We tried turning or lifting it up and no water comes out. There is a U shaped metal clip in it and not sure if we have to take the out to open it. I had also opened all the faucets in the camper and do not see anything else coming out of the tank to open. Our other older camper was easy but have to figure this one out. I don't want to take the U shaped pin out if we are not suppose to. I wanted to ask help before we break something The tank is under the sofa towards the front of the camper and I am attaching pics. Any help would be appreciated. I have the manuals for it but they do not explain anything about that valve or the pin in it. The picture was taken from inside the camper about it. Thanks

Attachments

• camper-tank.jpg
    camper-tank.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 33
  • camper-tank-1.jpg
    camper-tank-1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 34
  • camper-tank-2.jpg
    camper-tank-2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 28
  • camper-tank-3.jpg
    camper-tank-3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 33
I don’t see the metal U shaped pin you mentioned but if its on the valve for the low point drain (pic) it’s probably a safety to keep the valve from opening accidentally and would have to be removed to open the valve. I don’t see how it can hurt to try since you want to empty the tank anyway.

Attachments

• 59296CF1-073C-4276-A753-F212AEDF45C8.jpeg
    59296CF1-073C-4276-A753-F212AEDF45C8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
I don’t see the metal U shaped pin you mentioned but if its on the valve for the low point drain (pic) it’s probably a safety to keep the valve from opening accidentally and would have to be removed to open the valve. I don’t see how it can hurt to try since you want to empty the tank anyway.

Thanks yes there is a u shaped pin right under the handle on the top I wanted to ask before we broke something but was thinking that needs to come off.

Mine pop up when pulled, I don't remove a clip. Not sure what it could hurt however.

That’s a pull up type valve. Just pull the handle up (assuming it’s on the floor)

Btw, that clip prevents the handle from popping all the way out. There’s no need to remove it.

I know this because I had to replace a broken handle and that indeed required removing the clip….getting it back in was quite difficult as mine was in a location where I could only reach in bindly with one outstretched arm

Latest resources

Back