Chassis
Ford E350
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
Fiberglass Dunebuggy
Fulltimer
No
We have a 24 foot class c. It has a rear bed with a corner cut off. This was a rental for a couple of years, and the mattress sinks in the middle. You have to rock like a turtle, and launch yourself forward to get up, which at my age, I do several times a night. So we need a new mattress. I found some places online, but know nothing about their quality, so looking for recommendations. Our current mattress is 10" thick, 60" wide, 80" long, has a corner cut off, and its a Serta.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

These guys:
They can custom make anything, They made a cut corner for me that was perfect, you can specify height and firmness, made in Colorado, reasonable to very good prices. Ive used them for three coaches now and have always been satisfied with their prices and products, and quite happy with their customer service.

Thank you. I just looked at their website, and looks like they have higher level mattresses. One is all foam, the 2nd one is a combination of foam and coils. I called and she said they are both rated to 225 lbs. I weigh about 215. Not sure how they would hold up. Im sure they are both better quality than the one that came with the R. V. Do you remember what you got?

I dont think they had the coil option when I bought mine but I always opted for the most firm mattress they could make. The first two were a combination of three different foams (for support, coolness, and firmness); the last was a standard queen product that was on sale.

I measured to the bottom of the window on the first two and had the mattresses made 9” and 10” respectively (as thick as possible for the application). I weight 230 (+) and have never had any issues with them seeming insufficient or degrading in any way.

I also have chronic back issues from work injuries and these mattresses really provided the support I needed. My current coach has a sleep number that works for me - otherwise I would likely have replaced the original mattress with one from Mattress Insider.

They also have an excellent customer satisfaction policy. The best thing to do is call them and describe what you want and see what they have to offer. Since its a cut-corner it will be a custom order anyway. They were always very accommodating with me and pleasant to deal with.

Thanks for the assurance. Ill probably order one soon.

Latest resources

Back