Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

calibred

RVF Newbee
I am thinking about purchasing a Winnebago Pocket Solis but can't function without hot water for a shower. Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution for a water heater which has been installed in a solis pocket?

I am thinking about purchasing a Winnebago Pocket Solis but can't function without hot water for a shower. Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution for a water heater which has been installed in a solis pocket?
Did u get any replies ?
Did u purchase the solis ?
I did purchase the solis and searching to find the best option for a water heater for the out shower

Check out the YouTube video called "Living FULL TIME in the NEW Winnebago Solis Pocket." The owner uses a portable Camplux water heater he bought on Amazon. It looks like it hangs easily on the back door.

Yep. It’s a simple setup using the shower water on the rear panel. Challenge is you need to either run a splitter from your propane tank and cut a notch for the hose in the panel OR carry/attach a dedicated tank (small 5#), but you don’t want to stow that inside so now you have to do an external solution, $1000 to $1500 external back door box. Plus you have to stow the tankless water heater.

The “solution” quickly becomes a rats nest that leads back to is it really worth it? I’ve been in my Pocket for 11 months and 21,000 miles all over the US and on my way to Baja for the winter in 4 days. I’ve had zero issue with finding hot showers for under $5 and I’ve only done 15 nights in campgrounds in all that time and I don’t belong to a gym because none exist where I travel.

Besides a hot shower every 4 or 5 days, I do wet wipes and bird baths and a cheap “solar” bag when in warm climates (rarely use it).

Planet Fitness is the best option for often showers IF you travel where they are. For me, I see one every 4 to 6 weeks - simply not worth the +$20/mth.

Also keep in mind you’ll be pulling from the 20 gal fresh tank. I can go 5 to 8 days easy with cooking/drinking. You start draining 10 gallons for a 5 minute shower, you’ll be spending all your time looking for fresh potable water spigots. Irony is you don’t need potable for a shower, yet if you’re using the house systems you have no choice. You can carry and stow a few 5 gallon jugs and lift the bed to gravity fill or suck straight out of the jug, but what started as a simple idea has now become a massive PÍA IMHO with storage demands that take up garage space, require external storage solutions with water fill needs and a +$1500 cost…

If at all that is cool, then rock on and do a tankless water shower solution in a Pocket. Otherwise, consider the many viable and more efficient alternatives to the real need of being fresh and hygienic.

Last edited:
Y'all need to join the Solis Pocket Base Camp Facebook group. Facebook sucks but the group is very helpful and has solved many of these problems 10 times over.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back