Alpha Wolf 26RL-L
RV Length
31 ft.
TOW/TOAD
2018 RAM 1500 5.7L V-8, 3:92 Rear End
Fulltimer
No
Hello fellow Forest River RV'ers

I just purchased my travel trailer a couple of weekends ago. We are going to take it out in the next week or two not far from the house for a test run. I have been camping (tents and pop-up campers) a lots of times but it has been 30 - 50 years ago. I am looking forward to getting back to camping. This travel trailer is the only way I could get my wife to go. I am sure I will be asking a lot of rookie questions about my camper and accessories in the following weeks and look forward to the opinion of those that have been doing this for a while.

Just take your time with getting set up. If you want help backing in MAKE SURE you and your wife have an agreement of what direction each motion means! That will start an argument quicker that just about anything!!!

Just take your time with getting set up. If you want help backing in MAKE SURE you and your wife have an agreement of what direction each motion means! That will start an argument quicker that just about anything!!!
Thanks Gronk
I understand. To complicate matters she gets her left and right wrong exactly one half of the time. I just have to go slow and make sure she means what she says when the trailer starts turning. It's not worth arguing about and by now I don't think she will be changing.

As Gronk stated. Don’t be in a hurry and enjoy the process of hooking up and understanding the process. Sometimes it is good to make a bullet check list in the order of setting up to check off as you go so you know the first several times you are doing it right. Enjoy and when breaking down, do the same. Take your time and allow yourself time to properly do it without being rushed.

As Gronk stated. Don’t be in a hurry and enjoy the process of hooking up and understanding the process. Sometimes it is good to make a bullet check list in the order of setting up to check off as you go so you know the first several times you are doing it right. Enjoy and when breaking down, do the same. Take your time and allow yourself time to properly do it without being rushed.
Thanks GR. We actually set the trailer up for the first time last night at the campsite since it is only about an hour away from the house. My brother got there last night and is staying in his camper through Sunday with us. He was able to give us guidance and help. Lisa got most everything set up inside last night so we are ready to go up there tonight and to enjoy the weekend tinkering with all of the new things and getting them like we like them.
Mark

Attachments

• 20210911_191458.jpg
    20210911_191458.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13

Latest resources

Back