Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

netsecguy

RVF Newbee
Hello - wife and I purchased our 2022 New Aire 3545 about three weeks ago and immediately drove from SATX to Hershey for the RV Show. Multiple minor'ish issues along the way but will get them fixed. On the post...hooked up my Roku to the Blu-Ray HDMI in the cabinet today and noticed it will not connect at anything over 1080p. No 4K. Ended up bypassing the cabinet HDMI with a separate HDMI straight to HDMI 1 on the Samsung TV and that allowed the Roku to connect at 4K. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Reached out to Customer Service at Newmar and was told I couldn't be helped by them since I was doing something that wasn't as designed by Newmar!?!?! I think there was a message cross somewhere as I have to believe she understood that I was trying to connect a 4K device to a 4K TV and it wasn't allowing 4K. Hmmm. Not impressed but perhaps it was my communication that was lacking?

Anyways, I read and the TV will support 4K on HDMI 1; hence, it has to have something to do with the HDMI cable installed by Newmar or the HDMI to Cat 6 adapter. Looking for input from others that have experienced the same thing and whether or not there is a fix.

Glad to be part of the family!

Welcome. I just upgraded my TV's in my 2017 Ventana and the Apple TV 4K won't send 4K to the Televator TV. I bought new 8K cables to run but my guess is that Newmar's cables can't handle the data required, not sure. Do you know if they are HDMI to ethernet runs or straight HDMI all the way?

Neal - there are HDMI to Ethernet converters, and I believe this is wherein lies the problem. Cheap components that will not carry a 4K signal. There are typically two parts to this configuration for the ethernet. One that takes in the HDMI signal and converts to ethernet and on the other end one that converts from ethernet to HDMI. The latter is easy to find (at HDMI port on TV). The other is buried down in the cabinetry somewhere. Not sure if both sides have to be replaced or not. Saw another thread that talked about 1080p ethernet to HDMI but that doesn't help.

Not sure why Newmar would make these nice coaches, install 4K TVs and then put components that do NOT support 4K within them just to save $50. Sad.

The search for a solution goes on!

Newmar has never understood audio visual. My home threater setup was a disappointment so I had to redo it. But at least you have high speed runs, you just have to figure out your endpoints and hopefully that won't be hard to do, maybe expensive, but doable. I have to run entire cables through not so fun places.

What model is the blu ray player? There might be a setting that you might not of set up properly. I know they typically have a setting for what kind of resolution to display in certain scenarios. I have been a fan of high quality video and audio since I was very young. I know the last batch of owners manuals that came with my last camper were very vague.

Know this is an older thread but interested in the overall discussion as well.

Have the same issue with our 22 SuperStar. Connect the 4K roku to the blue ray cable and television is not recognized as 4K.

Connected the Roku directly to the television and it works as 4K just fine.

We have the hdmi to Ethernet connections as well. The nice part is our connection box for the living area is behind the television and readily accessible.

Will be looking at this overall since it would be nice to have the Roku in the cabinet area designed for the components.

Get the model number of the hdmi/cat6 converter you have and look up its specs....I am betting the device you have is not capable of 4K. Should be a simple upgrade though.

That may be true but since the coach is only a month old to us (2022 model year) you’d think it would / should be setup already to work properly.

Will add it to the warranty appointment list for April and see where that goes.

I'm not familiar with Roku but if your Internet source for 4K content is Cellular then the connection itself may be limiting your content. Your device may support 4K but you have to "get it" in 4K to display in 4K.

For example, I have Apple TV 4K connected to all of my TV's in the coach but it doesn't mean I'm going to be able to view 4K content if I can't get it from the Internet as 4K.

When you connect the Roku to the television it recognizes the model, resolution, etc so you can do power and volume from one remote.

When connected to the normal hdmi cables in the compartment for accessories it saw a 1080 television.

When connected directly to the television it sees it correctly as a 4K UHD television.

Our cellular does permit us to stream full 4K.

The setup between the television to the cables in the accessories compartment is limiting to 1080 max it appears.

I’m going to get an hdmi extension and bypass the network box to see if that helps.

Seems strange though that they put all the nice 4K UHD televisions in place but the connections don’t support.

Latest resources

Back