Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

banjomaniac

RVF Newbee
Just bought a 2019 Keystone 2521RL here in Coastal NC. Looking forward to so short trips to start maybe near Emerald Isle to get the hang of setting it up and all that fun stuff.

Just bought a 2019 Keystone 2521RL here in Coastal NC. Looking forward to so short trips to start maybe near Emerald Isle to get the hang of setting it up and all that fun stuff.
Welcome, since you have your message titled new camper owner I wasn't sure if this is your first camper, or just a new one for you, therefore I added some advice below that I wish someone would have told me when I bought my first camper.

Just in case, I wanted to mention if you don't have one get a small water pressure regulator for your travel trailer before hooking up the water line, they only cost about $10-12 depending on where you buy them (I didn't the first time I bought a travel trailer to camp, and the first camp ground I went into had really high water pressure which led to my water lines bursting after being hooked up for several hours). I had tested it at my home and had no issues, but the state park pressure must have been high because I had multiple lines burst (the actual lines split). Therefore, I had to run down to the hardware store to buy some hose to splice in the next day and fix it and when I was making the purchase the retail employee asked if I had a water regulator on my trailer hose to keep the pressure in spec and I told him no, I just hooked a water hose straight to it. He said he had had seen this before and recommended I get one to prevent it from happening again, so I went to the local Walmart where I was at and purchased one for about $7 dollars. It cost a lot more than that for the material to repair the line not to mention cleaning up all the water in the trailer at midnight was not all that fun either.

1685713705683.png

Latest resources

Back