Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Dish users, a new remote is out called the 54, the prior was the 52. I ordered 3 of these from Amazon, 1 for forward zone, 1 for bedroom, and 1 for the external TV. The new remotes are great as they have backlighting now, great feel for the button presses, and voice command via Google Home functionality. It works well, I can say "Tune to Discovery Channel" and it will among other things it does such as searches. Very easy to program, however, make sure as you're programming one receiver any other receivers are off, literally unplug them! I had a tough time with the bedroom receiver programming because I think the front zone receiver was listening as these are RF remotes.

Very pleased with the new remotes. Highly recommended.

Amazon.com: Dish 54.0 Voice Command Remote Control for Hopper: Home Audio & Theater

dish-54.png

Dish sent me one free. It arrived yesterday, but I haven't time to play with it...and, we don't have Dish in the sticks-and-bricks anyway. It will go in the coach for use when we next hit the road.

TJ

Dish sent us one for free last month. It's nice because like @TJ&LadyDi we don't have Dish at home and I can never remember channel numbers. Now I just ask to tune to a channel name that I can remember! My only issue, and is the same one I had with the 52.0 remote, is that whenever I turn on or off the mid-ship TV, the bedroom TV picks up the signal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back