RV Model
Thoroughbred
RV Length
27.5?
Chassis
Bumper pull
Fulltimer
No
Hello everyone. Just bought my first bumper pull camper and it needs a little work. After searching sites and forums i am unable to find the information i need so here i am. Did a quick Google search and found this forum.
I've been in construction my entire life so I'm comfortable ripping things apart and building new, just never done it on a camper.
My camper is a 2006 palomino thoroughbred T-275.

The real question hasn't been asked yet! What information are you looking for?

The real question hasn't been asked yet! What information are you looking for?
Oh, I've got all kinds of questions lol.
I am in the process of searching threads on here trying to find the information without cluttering up other threads/posts.
But since you asked, I have to rebuild the slide and am unable to find the actual thickness of the plywood on the main floor and of the floor of the slide out. But I would also like to know if I bump up the thickness of the main floor, can I just shorten the height of the slide by that extra thickness and still get things to operate properly, or is there enough "play" with the exterior seals to allow an extra 1/8" thickness of plywood.

I'm not really a slide person, but as was stated by a previous poster, a slide is just a box in a box!

So with your experience building things I would think you could make it work. I just wonder why do you desire to increase floor thickness?

I tend to overthink things and overcomplicate them. I thought the same thing, box in a box, should be simple. Just looking for answers from more experienced people that have actually done this type of thing.
The floor on this is what appears to be a fiberglass bottom with aluminum tubing on top of that, with a thin plywood top. It is spongy in a few areas, but there is zero rot or water damage. I would like to add thicker ply to take some of that bounce out of the floor. It's not a huge issue, just an annoyance.
I would like to add lvp flooring to it, but with that bounce, it might start coming apart over time.
Yes, I know lvp isn't recommended for these things but I know how to install it correctly and I have no warranty to void.
I know it will add weight, but this thing weighs a little over 2200 pounds, so I have some weight to play with. I'm also taking a lot of parts and pieces out of it so that will also take the overall weight down.

I have nothing to base this comment on but!!!

For everything you make more ridged, another thing shows it's weakness!

Take that how it resonates with you!

All the weight you add now will be less cargo you can carry. The axles are rated for xx amount of weight. Should de on the axle. So be careful adding is my thought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back