• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Gladiator Rubicon toad.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, I have a set of washer with my D-rings, I will try to use those. My Roadmaster - BlueOx adapter didn't come with the washer, or if it did, I lost it already :)

First tow with the new Blue Ox Avail tow bar. Much better/tighter than the old floppy Aventa LX. It also has the longer arms and non-binding latches. I think I'm going to like it!

20200918_091836.jpg

Double trouble! Two Holiday Ramblers towing Gladiators. Same tow set up on each. We were on our way to a trail/forest clean up event. The Gladiators hauled way more garbage than both our previous short Jeeps did in the years before.

2hr2jt.jpg

puam1.jpg

First trip out this year. First trip with a couple new modifications to the Gladiator. Since this Jeep is so long, it was belly dragging occasionally while playing off road. I bumped up the mild lift another inch, and bumped the tire size up to 37's.
I can't tell any difference at all flat towing from last year, but it does much better off road.

plymouth1.jpg

plymouth2.jpg

jtslab1.jpg

I went out and took a pic of the washers that came with the adapters. These take up that extra space.

View attachment 2826
I have been traveling for a while now with the new washer. Makes a big Improvement, with no slop.

Love the jeep pics! Wrangler on left, gladiator on right.
20210417_153046.jpg

First trip out this year. First trip with a couple new modifications to the Gladiator. Since this Jeep is so long, it was belly dragging occasionally while playing off road. I bumped up the mild lift another inch, and bumped the tire size up to 37's.
I've been thinking of doing a tire upgrade myself but was concerned of the extra stress on the axel and ball joints. But I may just have to revisit this upgrade. Looks really good @Tjdave!

I've been thinking of doing a tire upgrade myself but was concerned of the extra stress on the axel and ball joints. But I may just have to revisit this upgrade. Looks really good @Tjdave!
One thing I was really paying attention to when shopping was tire weights. I went with one of the lightest 37" tires I could find. Mastercraft Courser MXT, made in the USA by Cooper Tire. These are 69 pounds each, where some of the other popular tires are over 80 pounds each. BFG AT KO2 is another light one.

I'm running Bfg ko2s. if you have the d44, these are the accepted standard.

For d30, 35s are the limit. My sport is running my rubicon takeoffs and that will be the limit for it.

Yo
I'm running Bfg ko2s. if you have the d44, these are the accepted standard.

For d30, 35s are the limit. My sport is running my rubicon takeoffs and that will be the limit for it.
You have two Jeeps?

Yo

You have two Jeeps?
Actually 3 :)

I have a 2020 JLU sport
2020 JLU Rubicon
And a 2000 Grand Cherokee.

I am on the fence with getting a Grand Cherokee L overland with V8. I've placed the order with the dealer with the understanding that I may not actually buy it. They are happy to do it because they can bump to front of line on deliveries.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back